Accounts Payable Supervisor at Rent the Runway
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
About Rent the Runway:
Described by Forbes as “Tech’s Next Billion Dollar Star” Rent the Runway is set to disrupt the $1.7T Global Fashion Industry by ensuring that rental is a habitual, convenient, daily part of getting dressed. We believe that every woman in the U.S. and soon every woman in the world should have a subscription to fashion that is powered by a mobile-first experience, aided by top-notch customer service and serviced by omni-channel capabilities. We also believe that fashion is an industry that should be democratized by giving everyone access to the real thing and the associated feelings of self-confidence that comes with.
Since our launch in late 2009, we have raised over $125MM and built a transformative business model, proprietary technology all coded in-house, a unique reverse-logistics operation and one of the most beloved brands on earth. 6MM women in the U.S. are members of our community - many have used Rent the Runway for some of the most important events in their lives. We have also launched a foundation to support female entrepreneurship and help women build scalable businesses. There is a revolutionary spirit in our founding DNA that permeates to our culture today; Our team is smart, aggressive, entrepreneurial and ready to continue challenging old systems and rewriting new rules.
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated Senior AP Associate / Supervisor to join our strong Accounting group. You will play a key role on the Accounts Payable team during an exciting period of high growth and process transformation. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced, extremely successful, high energy company.
Reports to: Senior Accountant, Operations
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to- day operations and coordinating the
overall workflows of the Accounts Payable team
- Set up and monitor efficient daily processes to make sure the work is properly prioritized and addressed in a timely manner
- Supervise 2 Accounts Payable Administrators
- Perform reconciliations between internal and external vendor statements as needed
- Have a working knowledge of both NY and NJ State Sales and Use Tax to determine the applicability of Company purchases
- Act as a business partner to various internal departments to ensure their needs are addressed and invoices are processed on time
- Become an Administrator for Concur expense reporting and reimbursement system
- Provide support during annual and other audits, as required
- Provide support with new system implementations, as required
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- 5+ years of strong AP experience preferred
- Supervisory experience highly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with any major accounting software
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Must possess an ability to work effectively in a high pace, high volume environment, as well as a commitment to continuous improvement
- Must be able to multi-task and identify any critical needs to be prioritized
- Strong work ethic and a can-do positive attitude are a must
- Able and willing to communicate effectively with various internal and external