Engineering Team Lead (ElasticSearch) at Carvana
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
We iterate quickly and you will see your work have an immediate, scaled impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company. Our Team Leads are hands-on, getting down and dirty with code on a daily basis.
We're doing exciting things at Carvana! Pushing toward microservices architecture, experimenting with new technologies like Azure Service Fabric and being part of an open-minded team when it comes to learning newer technologies and tools.
- The Carvana Team Lead will work closely with our Merchandising Product Track Lead partner to define the vision, direction, and objectives for all projects in our Merchandising track using the above technologies AND ElasticSearch (Kabana or ELK stack).
- You will participate, end to end, in the product life cycle: requirements gathering, solution design, planning, development, testing, and implementation. * You energetically and deftly react to rapidly evolving business needs and requirements, find solutions to unexpected technical challenges and seek out opportunities to contribute to the meteoric growth of our business, enrich our culture and improve the quality of our tools, code and processes.
- You are the ultimate "player-coach". You are very comfortable leading from the front on all matters technical and you boast the scar tissue to prove it from an impressive career of implementation success, personal growth and skills development.
- You also understand that the talent on your team is the most important resource that you control. You are constantly looking for ways to cultivate, direct, guide and nurture the members of your team to help them attain personal goals while providing sustainable and significant business value.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Great communication and collaboration skills; comfortable discussing projects with our Executive team
- Experience completing projects with ElasticSearch; preferably in the contect of an ecommerce site
- 5+ years of experience in .NET development (C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Web API, WCF)
- A comprehensive understanding of software craftsmanship ideals - clean code principles, unit testing fundamentals, design pattern selection and application, architectural pattern selection and application
- An understanding and experience in application security from the web service and web application perspective
- A good understanding of design patterns and N-Tier architecture
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in related field, or professional experience working with related technologies
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Carvana developers work very closely with strong supporting teams and require great interpersonal skills including a positive attitude and sense of humor (read that last part twice, if necessary)
- Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- SEO experience
- Command Query Responsibility Segregation (CQRS)
- Event Sourcing (ES)
- NoSQL Database (MongoDb)
- Client side unit testing experience
- Performance testing
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.