Sr. Software Test Engineer at LRM Workforce
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Sr. Software Test Engineer
In this position, the Sr. Software Test Engineer will be responsible for participating as a software tester in an Agile-based product development group. Responsibilities include requirement analysis, defining test strategies, test planning and execution activities, test automation, reviewing product documentation, and ensuring overall product quality including usability, performance, and stability. The Test Engineer must be able to prioritize responsibilities and work with their scrum team to streamline, integrate, and continuously improve the effectiveness of the Agile Scrum software development process.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Participate in release and iteration kickoffs, retrospectives, daily scrums, and other team meetings as necessary for the scrum team this analyst is allocated to.
- Participate in creation of test environments for test execution and coordinate test environment usage with other teams as necessary.
- Define test strategy, create, execute test cases and document test artifacts to ensure thorough testing of product components and overall product quality.
- Report software defects and interact with software developers to ensure they are fixed and thoroughly tested.
- Perform and/or lead other team members in all forms of product testing including test case creation and execution, exploratory testing, system integration, usability, regression and performance testing.
- Analyze test coverage for existing and new tests regularly, incorporate feedback from defects and escalations into regression suites.
- Develop, maintain and closely partner with and coordinate automation strategy for the application using BDD techniques.
- Review and/or suggest improvements to product documentation to ensure accuracy, completeness and consistency during iterations and/or at release time.
- Collaborate with product manager and development team during all phases of the project to promote successful delivery of quality products to our customers.
- Drive continuous improvement of testing and development practices to make the team more efficient, deliver higher quality products, and ship on time.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of software testing working with various technologies including distributed Internet technologies.
- Proven experience creating, executing and reviewing results of functional, integration, and regression testing.
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with software testing tools, web service level testing and techniques.
- Hands on experience with Behavior driven development (Cucumber) and working with test automation (Selenium/Java based automation tools).
- Technical knowledge of Windows Server configurations and operations.
- Experience working with and validating results using SQL.
- Experience with Agile Scrum process.
- Experience with GIT and Java.
- Experience testing mobile applications.
- Experience testing middleware applications.
- Clinical/Healthcare background.