Software Engineer, Web at Brigade
Posted in Information Technology 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
Government has become one of the final frontiers for technological disruption. The more people use technology as consumers, the more they expect technology to shape their experience as citizens. Brigade believes building a political network that connects voters for collective action will force the political process to be more accessible, transparent and accountable. Our mission is to empower citizens to declare their beliefs, organize with like-minded people, and take action to shape the policies and elections that affect their lives.
You will work with a dedicated team of engineers and designers in a fast-paced culture with a team that wants to empower citizens to realize how much their vote matters. The challenge to wire up a new social network of voters will involve a wide range of complex and seductive problems. We’re currently kicking off projects to implement a universal rendering with GraphQL and React.
Sean Parker, Marc Benioff and Ron Conway have participated in our Series A investment and our offices are in SOMA, San Francisco.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drive testable, maintainable technical implementations of features from the ground up
- Establish and promote best practices and development patterns for the Web client
- Mentor other members of the Web front-end team
- Maintain a forward-looking, future-ready codebase, evaluating new technologies (ES2017/ES8) and implementing as appropriate
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the Brigade.com team through design review, pair programming, code review, tech talks, and our engineering blog
You will have:
- Experience working with Web technologies in production environments, including client-server communications protocols and co-developing/leveraging APIs.
- Workflow flexibility and strong teamwork skills.
- The ability to work independently, and communicate your work back to the team effectively.
- A commitment to teaching what you know and learning what you don’t.