Credit Supervisor at Cargill
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Brookville, Ohio
Purpose of this position is management of local credit portfolio. Activities include decision making and problem solving relating to all aspects of credit and accounts receivable activities - risk mitigation, communication and reporting, coaching and guidance of Financial Shared Services (FSS), analysis and process improvement, collaboration.
50% Decision Making and Problem Solving:
- Actively help manage local AR portfolio risk for new & existing accounts being over limit and/or past due.
- Help communicate issues appropriately and timely to management.
- Drive action plans to resolve customer issues and make the decision to put a customer’s shipment on hold.
- Oversee and help manage daily cash application processing.
- Manage underwriting and risk mitigation along side off-shore Financial Shared Services (FSS).
- Help develop and manage risk assessments & monitoring tools.
- Involved with collection strategy development and management aligned with FSS.
While this position will have no direct-reports, it will have dotted line reporting to provide regular coaching and development to Financial Shared Service employees on daily credit management activities and learned best-practices.
15% Communication and Reporting:
- Provide timely and informative analysis to management (i.e. Manage reserves for bad debt, AR aging, metrics and deductions).
10% Analysis and Process Improvement:
- Drive continuous improvement in systems, processes and procedures. Evaluate and communicate for change.
- Collaborate with Regional Credit Lead on NA credit initiatives.
Responsible for local credit compliancy with the CAN enterprise credit policy through reporting and monitoring of the process, procedures and results. Define & follow-up on action plans to address any elements of non compliancy.
Utilizes broad knowledge and extensive experience in credit and collection theory, principles and application in the risk evaluation of new and existing trade accounts. Provides services to both internal and external customers in order to increase Cargill’s market share, build customer alliance.
Manages the credit risk and sets-up/approves credit limits for all customers. Works closely with the Regional Credit Lead, Financial Shared Service/CBS teams and the Commercial teams to resolve customer issues and drive action plans, including design and implementation of collection / hold strategies.
Ensures audit compliance. Collaborates with teams that include, but not limited to; Commercial Sales, Customer Operations, Financial Shared Services (FSS), A/R management, Collections, Dispute Management, Finance.
Provides credit expertise, valued insight and monitoring of credit issues for local team as they impact Cargill Animal Nutrition. Works autonomously and takes initiative without significant supervision. Documents and supports decisions with sound judgment and reasoning.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
· BA/BS in Business, Finance or Accounting or related field; or 6 years of experience as a Credit Manager in lieu of a degree.
· 5 years of credit related experience
· Advanced knowledge of credit, collection, bankruptcy laws, guarantees & security options, collection agencies and attorneys
· Expertise in financial statement analysis, financial ratios, risk assessment and account reconciliation
· Successful interaction and negotiation with customers
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills/ ability to communicate effectively
· Flexibility and collaboration to effectively business partner and be solution driven
· Credit & collection system experience
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, etc)
· Previous experience managing non-exempt & exempt employees
· Spoken and written English
· Ability to Travel (15%)
· Proficiency in using SAP
· Credit system and scoring model knowledge
· Credit for Agriculture sector/Farm Credit