Supervisor - Off-Site Physician Clinics (LOCAL TRAVEL REQUIRED) - Endocrinology at Nicklaus Children's Health System
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Miami, Florida
Supervises the daily operations of off-site clinics and physician practices. Responsible for organizing and coordinating operations, procedures and ensures all customers are serviced promptly for timely access to care.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Minimum 2 years of physician practice or clinic experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
- Experience in preparing reports, presentations and other documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops work systems and procedures to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of physician’s operations to improve methods, time, and cost efficiency.
- Manages projects for Physicians and/or Leaders to facilitate business development and access to care within the Physician clinics/practices.
- Trains staff on department processes, procedures and systems. Manages staff for compliance.
- Manages all physician clinic/practice reports, personnel records, licenses, and permit renewals.
- Monitoring staff attendance, productivity and other performance markers. Provides counseling to staff as needed. Provide on-going training for new and existing staff on various tasks, procedures and systems. Provides feedback on job performance and/or makes recommendations for corrective and disciplinary actions.
- Oversees the overall process for efficient scheduling and processing of patients to ensure optimal use of resources and excellent customer satisfaction. Coaches and mentors department staff on customer service best practices.
- Resolves physician/patient complaints and related issues. Serves as a liaison between patients, physicians and departments. Reviews complaints/concerns to identify trends.
- Provides input towards operation strategies, budgets and plans as well as improvement of work management processes. Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Continuously evaluate operations and implement process improvements that reduce or eliminate waste and increase efficiency, quality, safety, satisfaction and cost-effectiveness. Promote/practice cost containment.
- Prepares financial plans, budgets & forecast reports for approval. Responsible for monthly expenses and invoices. Monitors supplies and inventory of all off-site locations and orders as needed within budget. Reconciles and supports purchase order process of materials and capital equipment. Responsible for all Account Payable requests for the off-site clinics/practice.
- Performs research & analysis for related projects and issues.
- Ensures new clinic/practice set-up and supports Physicians during the emerging practices or new sites. Responsible for visiting off-sites to ensure practice/clinic operations are running smoothly. Responsible for on-boarding new providers insurance plans, systems access, and credentialing process.
- Manages registration, point of service collections, authorizations, and verification are standardized and follow MCH policies and procedures.
- Monitors scheduling systematically reviews of no-show statistics for all off-sites. Recommends opportunities to Leaders to avoid unutilized patients slots.
- Ensures all charges are processed in a timely manner by direct reports.
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Able to travel to multiple off-sites clinics and/or physician practices.
- Decision making and time management skills.
- Supervisory experience in the hospital preferred.
- Able to adapt and react calmly under stressful conditions.
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with clients and coworkers.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to represent department/function in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with customers, physicians, patients and families, staff members and other hospital personnel.
- Excellent organizational skills to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of the department/clinic/physician practice.
- Excellent time management skills to handle multiple assignments, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of human relations, team building skills and ability to motivate employees.
- Understanding of healthcare operations and regulations involved in the oversight of day to day department operations.