Mortgage Insurance Specialist at Guild Mortgage Company
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Mortgage Insurance Specialist plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of activities related to the company’s Escrow functions. The role is responsible for providing timely activation for new conventional loans, processing monthly FHA and conventional mortgage insurance disbursements, preparing and reconciling reports, and processing PMI/MIP cancellations based on applicable investor guidelines and in accordance with the Homeowners Protection Act.
- Process certificate activations, disburse upfront premiums, and verify that internal systems accurately reflect mortgage insurance information on newly set-up conventional loans that include PMI.
- Process monthly FHA disbursements, reconciliation and exception reports, and automatic terminations accurately and within required timeframes.
- Process monthly PMI disbursements accurately in accordance with the disbursement calendar.
- Process refund checks and update information in the system.
- Process automatic terminations and borrower-initiated cancellation requests in accordance with investor guidelines and within established timeframes.
- Respond to consumer calls, written correspondence, and emails related to cancellations in accordance with investor guidelines.
- Perform all tasks in compliance with applicable regulatory standards, guidelines, and rules established by the company, investors, state and federal regulatory authorities, and local ordinances.
- Participate in activities and projects to improve business performance.
- Provide productivity summary on a weekly and month-end basis.
- Provide accurate and complete information to resolve issues, and follow up on any outstanding issues or commitments promptly and when promised.
- Prepare complete and accurate call notes, written documentation, etc., and update customer files in the system.
- Communicate effectively with individuals/teams to ensure high quality and timely responses and resolutions to customer requests.
- Participate in activities and projects designed to improve business performance.
- Stay current on changes in industry regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college courses/technical training in Accounting or related field preferred, as well as two or more years total work experience analyzing and reconciling accounts to ensure proper disbursement and collection of insurance premiums.
- Additional work experience in consumer/mortgage lending, banking, or related industry/positions strongly preferred.
- In depth knowledge of overall mortgage lending processes and the documents required by conventional and government mortgage loans, terminology, and applicable compliance and regulatory requirements related to mortgage insurance.
- General working knowledge of state and federal debt collection laws, the Federal Bankruptcy Law and other legal situations.
- Knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures, CFPB, FCRA and FDCPA preferred.
- Demonstrate patience and professionalism when interacting with consumers.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment required.
- Basic math and accounting skills required.
- Proficiency with basic internet searches, data entry, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Familiarity with document retention software; Blitzdoc preferred.
- Close to moderate supervision, depending on experience level
- Apply sound judgment in execution of core job responsibilities
- Travel: 0%
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; occasionally walks and/or stands.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match. Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See job description