Property Tax Specialist at Guild Mortgage Company
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Property Tax Specialist plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of activities related to the company’s Escrow functions. The role is responsible for providing timely and accurate analysis of Tax Amount Reporting (TAR) and preparing manual payments of property tax bills in compliance with the guidelines established by investors, company, state and federal regulations. The Tax Servicer resolves delinquent taxes on escrowed and non-escrowed loans, and re-analyzes escrow accounts when significant tax adjustments are made.
- Process tax amount reporting (TAR) for all states in a timely manner.
- Review, research and resolve issues related to property taxes, including problems with tax collectors and title companies.
- Run and review reports to identify and resolve issues with missing legal descriptions, discrepancies, lien changes or duplicate tax IDs.
- Maintain/set-up new tax payees and audit tax information to ensure data integrity between internal systems and tax service.
- Obtain reimbursements of tax penalties from different sources, and process reimbursements of third party claims.
- Process tax refunds, research/resolve tax inquiries from consumers, internal departments, and branches.
- Respond to consumer calls, correspondence, and emails related to taxes in accordance with investor guidelines.
- Perform all tasks in compliance with applicable regulatory standards, guidelines, and rules established the company, investors, state and federal regulatory authorities, and local ordinances.
- Provide productivity summary on a weekly and month-end basis.
- Follow Guild’s information security policies at all times.
- Provide accurate and complete information to resolve issues, and follow up on any outstanding issues or commitments promptly and when promised? (Julie, I star’d this one, but I forget why?)
- Prepare complete and accurate call notes, written documentation, etc., and update customer files in the system.
- Communicate effectively with individuals/teams to ensure high quality and timely responses and resolutions to customer requests.
- Participate in activities and projects designed to improve business performance.
- Stay current on changes in industry regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of financial industry experience, preferably in loan servicing.
- 2+ years of professional work experience in analyzing and reconciling tax accounts
- Experience in consumer/mortgage lending, banking, or related industry/positions strongly preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of state-specific property tax deadlines and agency requirements.
- General knowledge of overall mortgage lending processes and documents required by conventional and government mortgage loans, terminology, and applicable compliance and regulatory requirements related to property taxes.
- Demonstrate patience and professionalism when interacting with consumers.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment required.
- Basic math and accounting skills required.
- Proficiency in data entry, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; occasionally walks and/or stands.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match. Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See job description