Sr Software Engineer at Yahoo
Posted in General Business 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Los Angeles, California
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content - so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today's demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world's largest networks, our platform easily handles your users' appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
- Be an Engineer and love to build new things. Innovative thinker and creative problem solver.
- Be on top of the latest technologies and massive scale DevOps & Agile methodologies.
- Actively participate in evolving design and architecture of our infrastructure automation and release tools and processes.
- Perform planning, configuration, deployment and maintenance work associated with the EdgeCast production environments, supporting tens of thousands of Linux servers globally.
- Help identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within Software Infrastructure team; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation using established best practices .
- Evaluate new technologies and develop scalable infrastructure solutions.
- Excellent understanding of current methodologies in high performance operations and large-scale implementations.
- Experience developing and automating continuous integration/delivery pipelines
- Deep understanding of the Linux OS, internals, kernel & filesystems tuning, protocols and services (such as PXE, DNS, HTTP, NFS, CIFS, FUSE) and troubleshooting utilities (strace, sar, vmstat, mpstat, tcpdump).
- Must possess strong documentation skills and be able to work with rapid change, Configuration Management utilities (SaltStack, Puppet, etc), and Source Control (Git, SVN).
- Prior experience with CDN, ISP, 2,000+ server environments, or production Internet-facing services for large enterprise customers is highly preferred.
- BS/BA is preferred (or equivalent experience).
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, high growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and resourceful persona required to adapt to a constantly changing technical environment.
- Strong team player with a focus on customer service and the ability to forge relationships at all levels of the company and across diverse cultures.
- Great analytical and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
- Ensure all necessary operational processes and procedures are carried out with a high level of attention to detail, expediency and on-time delivery.
- Core values - Ethical, respectful, and of highest integrity.
Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.