Accountant 1 - General Accounting (Atlanta) at Ga. Dept. of Transportation
Posted in General Business 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Description of Duties : Under supervision, analyzes financial information and prepares financial reports to document or maintain records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss or other financial activities within an agency. Records financial transactions, reconciles accounting records and prepares reports.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION.
UPON PROMOTION, THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL RECEIVE 10% or THE GDOT JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM SALARY WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
The selected candidate must meet the minimum qualifications for the job responsibilities. The interview is just one part of the overall selection process and is not the only criteria used to make the final selection. The final selection is based on a combination of factors including the interview, applicant's work history and performance (documented in HR and/or Office files), PeopleSoft/employee status (i.e. rehire code), employee performance reviews, personnel file review (HR & Office Files), criminal background check, employment reference checks (including references and commendations from Managers and other relevant documentation), and for supervisory positions demonstrated leadership skills based on past and current work history will be considered. In accordance with the Interview and Selection Process (ISP), an applicant must have no active disciplinary actions to be in good employment standing. Actions that may disqualify an applicant include letters of reprimand (active for 12 months after issuance date); suspension without pay or disciplinary demotion (active for 12 months from the effective date); Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) and Leave Restriction Plans (active until 12 months after the date of conclusion). In addition, an employee must have an overall ePerformance rating score of three (3) or higher on their most current evaluation. Please note that Memorandums of Concern are not considered disqualifying factors. Human Resources may remove any employee from consideration for selection who is pending a disciplinary action; however, if the action is resolved in the employee's favor prior to interviews, he or she will be allowed to compete.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university or university
• Bachelor's degree in a business curriculum which included completion of introductory and intermediate accounting sequence. Note: Some positions may require certifications.
AGENCY SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
• Completion of a Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, or a closely related field.
• Full working level professional knowledge and experience of general accounting principles and standards.
• Demonstrated experience producing spreadsheets and financial reports.
• Demonstrated experience querying, analyzing, and reconciling information extracted an accounting system (Queries and other related reports).
• Demonstrated experience using PeopleSoft Financials or equivalent accounting system.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, distribute, and monitor work assignments; evaluate work performance and provides feedback to others on their performance.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with others to influence, motivate, and challenge them.
• Demonstrated experience identifying and analyzing problems; gathering, interpreting, and evaluating information to determine its accuracy and relevance; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and recommend a solution.
• Displays a high standard of ethical conduct.
• Committed to providing quality customer service.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
• Extensive knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel, especially focusing on the use of pivot tables.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university OR Bachelor's degree in a business curriculum which included completion of introductory and intermediate accounting sequence. Note: Some positions may require certifications.