Senior Manager, Regional Accounting at Newmont USA Limited
Posted in Accounting 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Miami, Florida
Founded in 1921 Newmont Mining Corp. (www.newmont.com) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont's core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname.
Newmont operations in South America are trough two different companies, Newmont Peru SRL and Minera Yanacocha SRL.
Newmont Peru SRL was founded in 1983 as an exploration mining company whose main objective is obtain new gold reserves.
Minera Yanacoca SRL start their operations in 1992 in Cajamarca City partnership with Buenaventura, is the largest gold mine in South America.
- People: Our goal is to maximize the competitive advantage we realize through our people.
- Health & Safety : Our goal is to achieve zero harm.
- Operational Excellence: Our goal is to create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Growth: Our goal is to deliver profitable production gains.
- Sustainability and External Relations: Our goal is to gain access to land, resources, approvals and capital.
- Manage accounting issues for the region, including technical, operational and financial reporting as well as SOx control and both internal and external audit topics
- Ensure adequate analysis and QAQC of regional results to avoid errors and incorrect accounting treatment for the operations within the region.
- Support Regional Controller to develop and implement accounting initiatives.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Training & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a minimum of 10 years of combined auditing and accounting/financial reporting experience.
- At least five years of mining industry experience required in the accounting discipline
- CPA or equivalent required
- Knowledge of USGAAP, SEC rules & regulations and internal control system design.
- Knowledge of IFRS preferred
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong excel and graph skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- High level of motivation, requiring minimal direction/supervision, and assertive diplomacy necessary.
- Hands on work required.
- The position is located in the Miami Regional Office.
- Telephone calls before and/or after normal business hours are required.
- Position will be required to travel to operational locations as part of their primary responsibilities outlined above.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.