HR Talent Management Specialist, Human Resources - Elko at Newmont USA Limited
Posted in Human Resources 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elko, Nevada
Founded in 1921 Newmont Mining Corporation is one of the largest gold mining companies in the world. The North American region consists of multiple surface and underground operations spread throughout Northern Nevada and our Cripple Creek and Victor Mine in Colorado.
Newmont prides itself on safety and embraces diversity, engages employees, fosters innovation, rewards high performance and develops great leaders.
Here is your opportunity to interact with all North America region departments to support improvement in bench strength and organizational capability across the region through the effective use of the global talent management framework.
- Participates in the design, delivery, monitoring and continuous improvement of regional Talent Management programs, including but not limited to: Performance Management; Leadership Development; Coaching; Mentoring; Succession Planning; Inclusion and Diversity; Team Effectiveness; Change Management; Employee Development and Workforce Planning.
- Participates in the administration of the Global Performance Management program across the region to improve organizational effectiveness and business performance. Compiles, monitors and reports on relevant regional Performance Management data. Supports monitoring of Global Performance Management program effectiveness and ensures the process and tools are implemented appropriately.
- Supports the administration of Global Engagement Surveys in the region; participates in compilation and reporting of results, development and monitoring of action plans.
- In partnership with business leaders and Human Resources provides support for the development of talent across the region utilizing targeted development opportunities and programs.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.Supports the Inclusion and Diversity initiative by identifying and fostering discussion of talent from various talent pools.
Training & Experience
- Bachelors degree in Business, Human Resources and/or a related field is required.
- 5-8 years experience Human Resources or related field with a focus on designing and implementing performance management, learning, coaching, employee engagement, talent or change management programs and processes. Prior experience designing and implementing two or more of the programs and processes listed above is required.
- Ability to "think outside the box" and design programs which can meet both corporate criteria and regional needs.
- Experience with program implementation and change management.
- Formal leadership development coaching experience
For more information on Newmont:
- Newmont website: http://www.newmont.com/home/default.aspx
- Lifecycle of a Mine microsite (educational site that explains what happens during each phase of a mine's life): http://lifecycle.newmont.com/
- Newmont's blog site (weekly stories highlighting work being done in Newmont's regions and our employees): http://ourvoice.newmont.com/
- Newmont's annual sustainability report: http://sustainabilityreport.newmont.com/2015/
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to email@example.com.