Data Analyst at XPO Logistics SC Corporate
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: High Point, North Carolina
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. As the Transportation Data Analyst, you will play a key role in contributing to the operational efficiency and financial success of the company through effective planning, execution, resource management, and delivery of projects on-time and on budget. If you’re ready to grow your career, we have an opportunity for you at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Provide insights and foresights for clients and internal projects; perform data processing, data analysis, data integration, analytics, advanced analytics, performance measurements, and audits
- Develop and analyze transportation pricing and solutions for truckload, less-than-truckload, parcel, air, and ocean solutions
- Prepare professional presentations backed by data; process and issue documentation and reviews, and create subsequent reporting and process
- Develop reports and analyses, and assist in implementing reporting systems for operations support including ensuring reporting consistency; financial, business, and operational analyses for projects, or general business
- Maintain databases, extract information and develop metrics and scorecards to measure and support operations and sales teams; work with cross-functional teams to provide data support
- Develop and implement advanced data analyses and analytics solutions that support the business needs by interpreting data; analyze results using statistical techniques and advanced analytics tools
- Design and produce standard and ad-hoc analysis and various data visualization reporting solutions
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education
- 2 years of experience in a data analytics function; 1 year of experience in designing, developing, configuring, and/or integrating Transportation Management Software (TMS), preferably JDA or another leading TMS (BluJay, Manhattan, SAP, MercuryGate, OTM, etc.)
- Experience conducting general transportation and shipment data analyses, developing transportation lanes, developing pricing models (LTL, TL, and parcel)
- Experience with standardized TMS implementation methodology (Assess, Build, Learn, Execute)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Excel; 1 year of experience using RDBMS tools like Oracle and SQL Server
- Experience using TMS or related planning and optimization software to conduct “what if” scenarios for freight consolidation, pooling, scheduling, and other analyses
- Business process focus and experience mapping process flows including how transportation impacts overall supply chain operations
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, and weekends; travel 10% of the time
It’d be great if you also have:
- Experience with Warehouse Management System (WMS), Order Management System (OMS), Transportation Management System (TMS)
- Experience in any one of the business intelligence tools like Tableau, QlikView, or similar tools
- Experience in supply chain, logistics, distribution, transportation, or manufacturing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized, and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.