Forklift Operator at Inmar, Inc.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
To assist supervisors at the facility as related to scanners, sorters, and material handlers, and forklift operators while maintaining the highest possible production and quality levels.
To constantly monitor facility safety and security to provide the most secure safe environment for employees.
To communicate all processing, safety, security, and customer issues to Management and/or client services.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Monitor daily functions of scanners, sorters, material handlers, and forklift operators.
- Assist supervisors in identification and correction of problem areas.
- Assist in the training of full-time, part-time, and temporary warehouse personnel.
- Assist in compiling and monitoring of quality and production of personnel.
- Maintain high standards for safety, security, and quality practices in the warehouse.
- Maintain high standards for warehouse cleanliness and order.
- Perform as a communications link between management and associates.
- Knowledge and ability to work in the areas of operations including:
- Equipment Handling
- Timeclock System
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Block BuildingWork In Progress (WIP)
- Work in production as needed to expedite workflow.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or its equivalent with a minimum of one (1) year lead experience in the pharmaceutical, logistics, manufacturing, trucking, or warehouse industry; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to delegate and prioritize work
- Working knowledge of computers and programs specific to operations and operations reporting including MS Office (Excel, MS Word)
- Forklift Certification, if applicable
- Knowledge of warehouse safety and security practices.
- Ability to package, label, load/unload Hazardous Materials and Hazardous Waste, sign Hazardous Waste manifests, and serve the facility as an Emergency Coordinator.
- Ability to perform the functions of a hazardous waste generator, including but not limited to, identification, sorting, packaging, segregating, labeling hazardous waste generated from daily operational activities. Also, must be able to adequately perform and document periodic regulatory inspections of the facility, including but not limited to, sanitation inspections and hazardous waste storage area inspections.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the major job responsibilities (essential functions) of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms.
- Frequently required to talk or hear and read instructions on a computer monitor and/or printed on paper.
- Frequently required to stand, kneel or stoop, and lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- Regularly required to view items at an extremely close range and must be able to adjust and readjust focus.