Research Library Intern - R&S at Federal Reserve Board of Governors
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Washington, Washington DC
The Research Library at the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System is offering a paid summer internship for graduate level library or information science students. The Research Library offers a full array of desktop and customized library services to staff members at the Board and assists in data intensive and web-dependent Board Research.
Staff from the library's Research and Infrastructure Teams work to advance the library's collections by: administering the integrated library system and digital repository, acquiring and cataloging library materials, and processing and maintaining print and electronic collections. The intern will work closely with and under the direction of these staff in any of the following collection development activities:
- Participation in updating the library's Collection Development Policy
- Assessment of users' needs by analyzing relevant statistical data and metrics to support collection analysis and development decisions.
- Participation in collection inventory.
- Implementation of de-selection (weeding) practices and projects.
- Completion of transfers to off-site storage.
- Updating holdings and metadata in the library's catalog, the Sierra "Integrated Library System."
The internship is located in Washington, D.C. and lasts ten to twelve weeks and is full time (40 hours per week during working hours). Students enrolled in a Master's degree program in library or information science at an ALA-accredited institution are encouraged to apply. Candidates should have a knowledge of and interest in library technical services, collection development and management, integrated library systems, and library technology.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and undergraduate & graduate unofficial transcripts.