Business Development Associate at Oakwood Worldwide
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Los Angeles, California
Are you an experienced Investment and Asset Management professional looking for a new opportunity with a global company?
Look no further than the corporate housing and serviced apartment leader Oakwood Worldwide. At Oakwood we know that satisfied associates make for satisfied clients and guests. Oakwood promotes from within! That’s why we offer competitive compensation, a generous benefits package and an empowering work environment.
Oakwood is looking for a Business Development Associate to join our team. The Business Development Associate is responsible for supporting the Oakwood Investment and Acquisition team. The Business Development Associate will work with the Acquisitions and Business Development team to generate management agreements and/or real estate acquisition projects for the North American markets. This position will be engaged in all aspects of real estate acquisition projects including origination, feasibility studies, management proposals, contract negotiations and deal closing.
What’s in it for you?
Our Associates enjoy a creative and diverse work-life. We offer you career development opportunities, and empowering work environment, and a myriad of recognition and awards. For this role, we are pleased to offer a competitive compensation plan as well as these benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Programs
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance for Associate and Family Members
- Multi-faceted Learning Opportunities
- Educational Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days, and Holidays
- Bonus/Incentive Potential
- Child Care Reimbursement Plan
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- And Much More!
Key Features of your Day
- Work with acquisition team on underwriting, conducting due diligence, closing new investments and third party management agreements
- Conduct financial modeling (Excel) / valuation analysis, evaluating Multifamily Investments through effective forecasting
- Identify management and acquisition targets within target asset class in North American market
- Conduct market feasibility studies and maintain a database of research resources
- Develop financial feasibility studies for new management agreements and investment projects
- Assist in the preparation of proposals for internal approvals as well as proposition offers for external property owners.
- Monitor investment pipeline and coordinate with acquisition team to support closings
Best Candidates will Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or real estate required, CFA preferred.
- A minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience in the real estate finance industry.
- Preferred experience within multifamily or corporate housing/serviced apartment industry.
- Ability to multitask and work on several transactions simultaneously
- Ability to develop financial models and advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail
- Business Development experience and network within the North American hospitality/corporate housing market
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment and deal with ambiguity
- Knowledge of Hospitality management fee contracts in the U.S. lodging industry
Oakwood is the premiere global provider of Corporate Housing Solutions
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Oakwood Worldwide is the world’s largest provider of high quality furnished and unfurnished accommodations. We provide the advantages of far-reaching resources, unparalleled expertise, and the industry’s most personalized customer service through a tightly integrated staff of more than 3,000 highly trained professional. Our company is staffed by bright, organized and dependable people driven by a common company goal: to help us accomplish great things through exemplary customer service to our clients and to our peers. We truly believe in treating our Customers and Associates the way we would like to be treated.
If you want to work in a fun, pro-employee, professional environment, join our industry leading team today!
See Job Description