Document Specialist at Guild Mortgage Company
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Document Specialist plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of tasks related to the company’s Secondary Marketing functions. The role is responsible, under direct supervision, for receiving, processing, copying, distributing, and finalizing loan files and other supporting documents in compliance with Guild Mortgage Company, Agency, Investor, Title Company, and County Recorder policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure files are routed to the appropriate department in a timely manner.
- Receive suspense mail and settlement statements; distribute to appropriate departments.
- Log all pertinent documents into the system.
- Copy and scan files and supporting documents into the document retention system.
- Forward final documents to the appropriate investor or custodian according to department procedures; report document discrepancies.
- Monitor quality of incoming work to identify trends and avoidable upstream errors; provide feedback and suggestions for corrections and improvements.
- Respond to requests for documents, mini-file reviews, and main loan files.
- Communicate issues related to completing requests for original documents.
- Process original and copy document requests based on workflow data.
- Make suggestions for changes in procedures, automation, and forms to increase department efficiency and accuracy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required, as well as one or more total years experience in role(s) related to reviewing mortgage loan files and/or documents.
- Manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Initiate requests for information across other departments; performs role with a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized and detail oriented; ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment required.
- Prior experience using PDF software programs and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ethical, with a commitment to company values.
- Direct supervision of work, depending on experience
- Low level of independent judgment and discretion used in decision-making
- Travel: 0%
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; occasionally walks and/or stands.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match. Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See job description