Digital Media Project Manager at J. Walter Thompson Inc (JWT)
Posted in General Business 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Mirum is growing the Program Management department in San Diego, CA and we are offering an opportunity to play an integral part in the overall success of a portfolio of digital marketing projects while working within team of friendly and ambitious people with exceptional talent and passion for all things digital.
We are seeking an exceptional Digital Media Project Manager with specific experience managing SEO + Paid Search projects to become part of an elite team with the sole objective of delivering work on time, on budget, and most importantly, that rises to the exceptionally high standards of quality. You will work closely with clients, subject matter experts, and 3rd party vendors in managing multiple, concurrent projects as you collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to meet our clients’ strategic and tactical marketing objectives.
You must be proactive with excellent communication and problem-solving skills as well as confident in your ability to meticulously organize and keep your projects moving forward from the front lines, keeping all stakeholders up to date with progress, and navigating the inevitable challenges along the way. If you are up to the challenge, you’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary package, excellent prospects, and an exciting place to apply your trade.
- Define, plan, schedule and control project activities, applying creative and strategic thinking, technical and project management skills to satisfy project requirements.
- Accountable for the execution, management and quality control of multiple complex projects from concept to completion, ensuring client satisfaction, meeting all timeline milestones and delivering within the approved budgets.
- Serve as a main client interface on projects, clarify strategic requirements, explain complex ideas clearly, and manage expectations
- Lead and inspire teams by communicating vision for the project
- Early involvement, assisting sales with gathering requirements, documenting statements of work, creating estimates and timelines.
- Develop and document project parameters including scope, schedule, budgets, specifications; create, update and monitor project plans for all projects.
- Support business and technical analysis sessions to support new web and mobile application development efforts to meet current and projected business needs.
- Closely monitor budgets, establish project plans and processes to avoid and/or resolve scope creep, budget overages, or efficiency issues.
- Creating detailed project (creative, multimedia, technology, etc.) requirements through discussions and meetings with internal project team members across all departments; including functional specifications, creative briefs, and wireframes.
- Conduct and lead kick-off and status meetings regularly with clients and the internal team, ensure thorough communication with all stakeholders at all stages of every project.
- Proactively communicate with clients about production recommendations, risks, challenges and solutions.
- Actively own and be accountable for client relationships, with special attention to profitability, tracking and managing resource consumption, financial reporting and billing.
- Pro-actively grow client relationships by understanding and being sensitive to all aspects of their business, pro-actively determine needs to propose appropriate solutions and new projects that fit within their budgets.
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of internal processes to allow for smooth execution of projects and improved efficiency across departments and project team members.
- Assist Producers and Associate Producers on other accounts; provide mentoring, training and best practices recommendations.
- Serve as point of escalation both internally and with clients on specific, key projects or accounts.
- Cultivate and demonstrate an interest and awareness of trends and best practices as related to the Internet.
- Be passionate about delivering the best creative, but find ways of producing it that it does not jeopardize schedule and budget.
- A Bachelor's degree and at least five (5) years of hands-on project management / producing experience within an interactive advertising or digital marketing agency environment.
- At least three (3) years of experience leading SEO and Paid Search projects.
- At least three (3) years experience in a client facing role, working directly with and delivering to external clients.
- Experience managing web technology, back-end, application and hosting-related projects as well as mobile, social, SEO/SEM and display campaigns.
- Strong understanding of digital technologies and trends.
- Well versed in solutions discussions, and experience supporting business and functional requirements gathering.
- Working knowledge of web services, integrations and the roles systems play.
- CSM/Agile Project Management experience a plus.
- Ability to qualify innovative ideas with top-notch research and industry knowledge.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented and capable of self-managing and multi-tasking in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Stress-tolerant, quick thinking and accurate.
- Ability to immerse oneself in an industry or market, and quickly add value to a project.
- Ability to apply critical and strategic thinking.
- Expertise with Word, Excel, PPT, and MS Project a must.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills as a team leader and team player.
- Flexibility, initiative, dedication, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to travel on occasion for client meetings, trade shows and/or conferences.
- Have a sense of humor, be outgoing, articulate, well-informed, intelligent, confident, and possess common sense.
- Be a skilled, creative, confident presenter and negotiator.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.