Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Carlsbad, California
High Moon Studios is seeking a talented and self-directed Technical Animator with experience in game development and an interest in working with next-gen technologies.
• Creation of prototype and production animation content.
• Work with the animation lead on tool, system and game play prototypes.
• Collaborate with the Tech Art Team in the development tools that support the animation pipeline.
• Collaborate with Design, Engineering in the development of in-game animation systems.
• Troubleshoot and consistently present solutions to technical issues related to animations.
• Educate the animation team on production ready rigs/tools/ systems.
• Provide desk side support for the animation team - helping to resolve technical issues.
• Meets project deadlines / milestones, as set by Project Leads.
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
• Must have the desire to create great games.
• Understanding of animation principals which can be clearly displayed in your demo reel.
• Thorough knowledge of Maya and other animation software.
• 3+ years’ experience working as a technical animator on shipped titles.
• Solid understanding of object oriented code design in languages such as python and C#.
• Experience working with game engine animation systems.
• Good knowledge of Motion Capture techniques.
• Solid understanding of human and animal anatomy.
• Scripting in MEL.
• Strong knowledge of Maya character rigging