Technical Animator at Activision Publishing, Inc.
Posted in Art 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Carlsbad, California
High Moon Studios is seeking a talented and self-directed Technical Animator with experience in game development and an interest in working with next-gen technologies.
• Creation of prototype and production animation content.
• Work with the animation lead on tool, system and game play prototypes.
• Collaborate with the Tech Art Team in the development tools that support the animation pipeline.
• Collaborate with Design, Engineering in the development of in-game animation systems.
• Troubleshoot and consistently present solutions to technical issues related to animations.
• Educate the animation team on production ready rigs/tools/ systems.
• Provide desk side support for the animation team - helping to resolve technical issues.
• Meets project deadlines / milestones, as set by Project Leads.
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
• Must have the desire to create great games.
• Understanding of animation principals which can be clearly displayed in your demo reel.
• Thorough knowledge of Maya and other animation software.
• 3+ years’ experience working as a technical animator on shipped titles.
• Solid understanding of object oriented code design in languages such as python and C#.
• Experience working with game engine animation systems.
• Good knowledge of Motion Capture techniques.
• Solid understanding of human and animal anatomy.
• Scripting in MEL.
• Strong knowledge of Maya character rigging
World class games start with world class talent! This is a unique time in Activision’s history – and one of the most exciting opportunities to join us! Activision Blizzard, headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, is the premier worldwide publisher of interactive entertainment software like Call of Duty, Destiny and the Blizzard Entertainment Franchises.
High Moon Studios
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio that’s developed for blockbuster franchises like Call of Duty and Transformers. We are 100 people strong, located in the always-sunny beachside city of Carlsbad, California.
Our goal is simple: make game experiences that kick ass and blow minds. High Moon Studios is led by award winning veterans and a crack production staff that have over 200 years of combined development experience. We work hard. We play hard. It’s time to add world class talent as we partner with Bungie to work on their ground-breaking Destiny Franchise.