Service Desk Analyst I/UKHC at University of Kentucky
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Lexington, KentuckyJob Description:
University of Kentucky
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
|Job Title||Service Desk Analyst I/UKHC|
|Working Title||Service Desk Analyst I|
|Department Name||H3997:EVPHA Information Technology|
|Work Location||Lexington, KY|
|Type of Position||Staff|
|Position Time Status||Full-Time|
|Click here for more information about equivalencies:||http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalencies|
|Required Related Experience||
HDI Support Center Analyst. Certifications are required within one year of hire date.
The physical requirements of this position include: occasionally lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects up to and over 50lbs; sitting for extended periods of time with intermittent repetitive motions (such as typing); occasionally standing and/or walking with objects between 10-25lbs; occasional exposure to loud noises and/or extreme temperatures; and some job related travel.
Night shift; 40 Hours per week; Service Desk is a 24/7 operation and shift may change depending on departmental needs.
UK HealthCare Information Technology Services has posted the Service Desk Analyst I role. This role will be held accountable for establishing strong credibility & collaboration with our physicians, customers, department leadership, affiliated organizations, and all I.T. staff members. This is a highly matrixed organization which requires excellent interpersonal skills, persuasion and influencing skills, ability to participate in large multi-disciplinary teams with significant amount of varied work assignments. The successful Service Desk Analyst I is responsible for tier 1 end-user support; incident and request intake, documentation, and resolution.
UK HealthCare is a comprehensive healthcare system consisting of the medical, nursing, health sciences, public health, dental and pharmacy patient care activities of the University of Kentucky in Lexington, KY, and in several off-site locations. UK HealthCare is expanding through the construction of a new hospital and potential future acquisitions.
|Skills / Knowledge / Abilities||
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of Microsoft Windows Experience; MacOS Experience; troubleshooting experience on various computing devices including workstations, laptops, mobile devices, printers, telephones, etc.; excellent customer service, critical-thinking skills, judgment, detail-orientation, and listening skills; strong written and verbal communications skills; and the ability to work independently and as a team.
|Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?||No|
Prefer knowledge and skills of a professional area outside health care such as public relations, information systems, etc. typically obtained through experience or a four-year college degree.
ITIL v.3 or 2011 Foundation is preferred.
|Deadline to Apply||03/20/2018|
|University Community of Inclusion||
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience you have working on Information Technology projects.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years
- * In your paid work experience for a service desk, please indicate the average number of calls received per month by your team.
- Less than 1000
- More than 1000, up through 2500
- More than 2500, up through 5000
- More than 5000, up through 8000
- More than 8000
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience you have in a service desk role in a healthcare environment (i.e. hospital, ambulatory, medical insurance or billing, etc).
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please describe how your work experience directly relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter