Veterans Affairs Strategic Account Manager at Illumina, Inc.
Posted in Management 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Washington, Washington DC
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
The Veterans Affairs Strategic Account Manager (VASAM) will serve as the dedicated account leader responsible for ensuring continuous Illumina business growth and partnership with US Veterans Affairs Health System. As the lead of a cross-functional account team, the VASAM will coordinate and execute a strategy to communicate the value of genomics to stakeholders throughout target organizations. This will include demand generation at the individual hospital level, along with demonstrating value to health system executives, which will require a deep understanding of the motivations driving decision-making by C-Suite leaders. The VASAM is responsible for maximizing the strategic business relationship by aligning the customer’s mission and strategic goals with successful utilization of current and future Illumina technology and services.
- Develop high-value, long-term profitable customer accounts through relationship building sales techniques.
- Understand clinical and economic trends driving decision making in current healthcare market.
- Understand the competitive dynamics within the account and lead development and implementation of strategies and tactics that best position Illumina technology and products to neutralize competitor growth.
- Prepare and present compelling customer sales presentations and participate in all sales activities and assist with general customer demonstrations, training and support.
- Negotiate VISN and Administration-level commercial opportunities within company established parameters within the assigned accounts and generate associated sales contracts and quotations.
- Maintain desirable pricing levels through effective sales negotiation.
- Develop and maintain all account/contact details within Illumina’s CRM database. Effectively monitor and direct customer purchasing activities.
- Leverage CRM system to grow sales from existing customer base.
- Provide regular and accurate sales forecast updates.
- Effectively build a short/medium/long term sales pipeline and manage the necessary levels of sales leads and opportunities.
- Satisfy all product and technology training requirements as established by Sales management and the Training department.
- Act as a central communication point to ensure information flow on all aspects of the business relationship is efficient, effective, and deployed appropriately.
- Build relationships at all levels of the customer organization. Facilitate communication and relationship building between Illumina and client executives.
- Manage the sales process including pricing management, project pipeline visibility, product and revenue forecasting, order transactions, and ship schedules.
- Lead the account team to plan and organize activities to ensure efficient and effective sales support, field service, and technical and applications support are provided.
- Participate in the introduction of new technology platforms and products to key accounts. Facilitate and enable flow of information to and from customer during pre-commercial phases.
- Provide Illumina management with regular feedback on account status and key initiatives.
- Provide strategic account management best practice visibility and leadership internally as appropriate.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Seeking candidates that live in the Southeast US (anywhere from TX to DC).
Preferred Educational Background:
- BA/BS or MS degree in Life Sciences, graduate degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in molecular diagnostics sales or a related area.
- Minimum of 3 years driving strategy within VA System.
- Veteran preferred
- Strong understanding of current trends, challenges, and opportunities within healthcare industry.
- Strong technical background in molecular biology or genomics (preferred).
- Well developed professional and strategic sales skills with proven ability to develop and grow key accounts through networking at all levels of the customer organization.
- Excellent listening, time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation skills including high value capital equipment.
- Detail- and service-oriented individual.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf