Marketplace Insights Manager at Nestle Nespresso USA
Posted in Management 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Our story began over 25 years ago with a simple but revolutionary idea – to create the perfect cup of coffee. An industry pioneer, Nestlé Nespresso has become an international reference for the highest quality coffee and an iconic symbol of refined elegance. We are now in more than 50 countries and our team has grown well beyond 7,000 employees. We are part of Nestlé SA in Switzerland, the world's largest food company. Nespresso USA continues to drive momentum and innovation in our market segment, and in North America, we're just getting started. The taste of something better awaits you.
The Marketplace Insights Manager will lead the development, delivery and integration of retailer and marketplace insights throughout the wider Nespresso US organization. They will proactively seek and identify insights related to the marketplace landscape, key channels, and competition. The Marketplace Insights Manager will develop and institutionalize a holistic view of the single serve market and utilize this view to drive meaningful insights and develop trade strategy recommendations. They will be able to connect the dots across different data sources and studies to deliver multisource syntheses that have a business relevant impact. The Marketplace Insights Manager will accurately track and measure our performance against competition.
Trade Consultation and Partnership:
• Work closely with the Trade Team to understand their needs and to develop insight driven recommendations to affect pricing strategy, portfolio strategy, channel strategy and ley account strategy.
• Proactively work with cross-functional teams and senior leadership to identify knowledge gaps. Develop marketplace-learning plan.
• Drive a holistic view of the single service marketplace (including share reporting, competitive intelligence, knowledge of key accounts, as well as other sources).
• Leverage all data sources (past research, secondary data, CRM data, and digital tracking) to develop and share-out multisource insights syntheses.
• Develop and present research summaries of key insights for senior leadership.
• Develop and manage accurate picture of competitive performance (share, velocity, etc.)
• Partner with HQ to driven competitive insights throughout the organization.
• Effectively manage tools and relationships needed to deliver competitive insights quickly and accurately.
• Mine ecommerce data and translate into tangible insights.
• Integrate ecommerce perspective with other data sources (past research, secondary data, CRM data, and current studies) to develop a holistic view of marketplace trends and performance
• Recommend key tools and practices to best understand the ecommerce marketplace.
• BA required, preferably in Business/Marketing, Statistics, or Computer Science. MA preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in marketplace and/or competitive analysis required
• 3+ years of driving insights within an organization preferred
• Proven ability to connect dots across multiple data sources and to deliver a narrative, which can drive strategic impact.
• Working knowledge of syndicated research sources (Nielsen, IRI, Mintel, Simmons, etc.) required