Senior HANA Developer at Illumina, Inc.
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
The Senior HANA Developer is a high visibility, high impact role servicing data needs of the global sales and operations in a fast paced, growing and evolving business environment.
The ideal candidate has an ability to adapt to fast changing business/operational conditions while providing solutions around a wide variety of business needs. They must be forward thinking to design solutions for the future.
The candidate will work with Regional Sales Operations teams, IT, Finance and Sales leadership to collect business requirements.
All About You
- Work with project leads, users, and business systems analysts to define technical specifications and develop database views, cubes, data modeling requirements, and functional and technical documentation
- Create technical design documents and post go-live documentation
- Understand the existing Legacy code and convert into corresponding HANA model with best practices
- Work with business analysts to translate business and functional requirements (user stories) into high quality agile technical requirements
- Participate in testing that includes integrated testing, performance testing, security testing, and user acceptance testing
- Apply best practices and recommend solutions by identifying advantages and disadvantages of proposed solutions
- Manage code deployment process across environments and support production releases
- 7+ years of experience with SQL development and data modeling
- 5+ years of experience developing ETL and data integration processes
- 4+ years of experience in HANA modelling, building Views, creating stored Proc and table functions
- Experience on developing dashboards using Tableau and reports using Cognos
- Experience on EDW to HANA migration
- Experience on HANA lifecycle management, CTS++
- Experience with SAP SLT, SDA/SDI
- Experience with SAP ECC and SalesForce
- Experience on developing HANA XS applications for REST / Odata calls is a plus
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional maturity and presentations skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf