Senior Test Automation Developer at TSYS
Posted in Finance 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Broomfield, ColoradoJob Description:
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere - and for yourself - we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Performs and participates in application development and testing to apply continuous quality and testability of code throughout the software development lifecycle. Builds quality within the software development process with automated testing suites providing a comprehensive view from code quality to functionality. Uses quality paradigms to provide real time quality with use of automation and frequent regression testing. Designs / develops and maintains automation frameworks and automation test suites and scripts with continuous integration, testing, deployment and delivery. Conducts performance, load, security and service virtualization testing as required. Acts as mentor/trainer to junior automation developers with varying levels of experience.
What Part Will You Play?
Build out of Test Automation Suite against .Net and Powebuilder applications. Integration of Test Automation to ALM and implementation of Continuous Integration (DEVOps)
Participates in all steps of the software development life cycle and is accountable for producing quality code. Collaborates with peers to identify and recommend practices for quality assurance at the source using automation. Conducts impact analysis, evaluates and identifies affects to regression test suites, testability of code, and application performance to reduce negative influences on continuous testing. Performs quality checks along with updating of automation scripts. Identifies and designs testing suites for test driven development (TDD) and behavior driven development (BDD) to allow early and frequent testing as the software is developed. Identifies process improvement and continuous quality measures across the development lifecycle.
- Writes and executes application tests at the source code level to prevent hidden errors (i.e., white box testing) within unit and component testing. Identifies and suggests improvements for code quality to improve deficiencies from functionality through structure of code for performance and maintainability. Builds, maintains and reviews mid-level unit and component test suites and conducts automated white box tests. Identifies improper coding and code quality issues. Integrates white box test suites with continuous integration (CI) tools. Programs and creates mid-level test cases using unit and component testing tools for code level testing.
- Develops moderately complex software tools, frameworks and utilities for validation / verification activities and end-to-end functional testing of software. Identifies and recommends tools and frameworks for testing and creates automated tools for generic use and maintainability. Writes moderately complex code that uses / exercises non-user interface (UI) components like application program interface's (API's), representational state transfer API (RESTful API), and web services similar to the end user to develop frameworks for testing. Integrates automated suites with continuous integration (CI) tools for frequent execution.
- Installs and uses moderately complex CI frameworks in continuous testing and continuous deployment / delivery. Builds, customizes, and deploys moderately complex test environments and test automation frameworks. Performs moderately complex scripting, data generation, and other methods to maintain automation infrastructure throughout the development. Integrates CI tools with other testing infrastructure and develops moderately complex reporting / metrics on CI.
- Develops test scripts, test data, and analyzes / interprets performance, load and security testing. Conducts testing, analysis and interprets results using service virtualization testing tools that emulates the behavior of necessary dependent system components that are unavailable or difficult-to-access. Identifies virtualization testing opportunities with approaches and designs to testing virtualized environments. Identifies performance testing opportunities with approaches and designs to test for application performance, load, security and service virtualization. Analyzes systems and database performance and responses during loads. Directs tests to avoid common application performance bottlenecks. Maintains and administers procedures, methodologies and/or application standards to include payment card industry and security related testing compliance using automation and built-in security tests during development. Applies virtualization concepts to identify tests and application scenarios impacted by virtualization. Incorporates performance, load and security testing into CI environments.
- Works with stakeholders, business, developers and test analysts to develop more intricate test plans, conditions and cases (set of inputs, execution preconditions, and expected outcomes developed for a particular objective, such as to exercise a particular program path or to verify compliance with a specific requirement) to be used in testing. Develops and administers best practices to perform test data conditioning and execution of test sets. Works with programming to create certain account conditions and execute special testing requirements for test validation. Demonstrates a broad knowledge of the multiple environments by evaluating, interpreting and communicating an understanding of the various components of systems and applications to leadership.
- Acts as a single point of contact for assigned moderately complex client projects with regard to test engineering activities. Coordinates the test activities assigned to the test team to include, reviewing of client test plans cases and scripts, prioritizing test execution when necessary and providing feedback to internal and external clients.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
Bachelor's Degree - Software Engineering, Information Systems or other Technical degree; additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp - Professional experience with Software testing, coding, designing, and developing.
Master's Degree - Software Engineering, Information Systems or other Technical degree
Typically Minimum 8 Years Relevant Exp - Experience developing automated testing strategies in a variety of environments and frameworks
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
Solid coding background in UFT/VBScript and Selenium Java.
Solid knowledge of DevOps tools including GIT.
Ability to mentor junior automation resources some with no automation skills.
This role will be building automation from the ground up and includes ability to train/mentor other staff members.Skills / Knowledge - Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept./peer review).
- Skills/Knowledge - Having wide-ranging experience in development and implementation of automation, CI and DevOps to support various technologies such as Web Services, .Net, PowerBuilder, etc.
- Job Complexity - Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
- Software Development Life Cycle / Testing Methodologies - Agile - Scrum, Kanban, Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, etc.
- Programming Languages - Java, C#, Perl, Python, Groovy, Oracle, SQL, VB, etc.
- Testing tools - Application Lifecycle Management, Unit Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Test Data Management, Security, Application Programming Interface, Mobile, Continuous Integration, Service Virtualization, Selenium, UFT, AscentialTest, etc.
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.