Sr Global Vehicle Tech N DOT at FedEx Express
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Oakland, California
COMPANY: FedEx Express
JOB TITLE: Sr Global Vehicle Tech N DOT
JOB REQUISITION NUMBER: RC38191
JOB FAMILY: FXE-US: Vehicle Maintenance
TIME TYPE: Full Time
IF YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO RUN YOUR OWN VEHICLE MAINTENANCE SHOP, YOU WILL DO EVEN BETTER RUNNING ONE OF OURS
If you would like the independence of running your own vehicle maintenance shop and have the skills, knowledge of DOT operations, sense of responsibility and do not want the financial risks that come with ownership; we have a vehicle maintenance shop waiting for you at FedEx Express. The position offers a full time salary and benefits, as well as all the other advantages one has working for this great company. These are just a few of the many reasons why running one of our shops is right for you.
With your can-do attitude and technical savvy, you will have an indispensable role keeping our trucks moving while being employed with the world s largest transportation company. In addition, you will receive world-class training, responsive support from great team members, and opportunities for advancement should you so desire. FedEx Express culture is renowned for the promote-from-within policy, so if you want to relocate to another location or even another state, this can certainly be an advantage for your career.
As a Senior Vehicle Technician at FedEx Express, you get the shop to run and a fleet of trucks to repair and maintain within an innovative organization where your voice and input is valued. Whether it is completing the necessary paperwork, placing reorders and/or repairing trucks, you are the person that will make it all happen!
You will be in charge of everything associated with running a field operation and keeping a fleet in impeccable order, such as:
* Conducting maintenance, repairs and preventive inspections
* Troubleshooting vehicles and equipment
* Documenting work in VURR, VAGIS, FAMIS, etc.
* Ensuring work is in accordance with OSHA and DOT standards
* Guiding and supporting a staff of technicians and trainees
* Maintaining an adequate inventory of materials
Along with a sense of ownership and high energy, the right professional has:
* A HS Diploma or GED
* At least four years of relevant experience and vocational training (fleet, automotive, heavy equipment, truck/vehicle maintenance)
* Knowledge of the use and maintenance of tools, gauges, testing /troubleshooting equipment, hydraulics, and diesel engines
* Qualifications per Section 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier Regulations
* Ability to pass an FHWA/FAA mandated medical exam and regulatory alcohol and blood testing
* Capacity to work independently steadily, and to lift/maneuver heavy equipment
* A valid driver s license
* A complete set of your own hand tools, including metric sizes
So, if you have always wanted the freedom to run a shop, FedEx Express has that shop waiting just for you.
Pay rate - $26.67 per hour
Addition premium pay for Master Tech qualification
FedEx Express is an EEO/AA employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, age (except for bona fide occupational qualifications), sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or a related medical condition), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military leave or service, status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran status, participation in EEO protected activity, any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, or association with a person on the basis of one or more of the foregoing.
FedEx Express is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to complete a profile or to submit responses to qualifying questions may contact Cynthia Anthony at 1-866-730-1021.
If you are applying in Philadelphia, PA, you can click below to learn about Philadelphia's fair chance hiring law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance FedEx Express will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NEW YORK CORRECTION LAW
LICENSURE AND EMPLOYMENT OF PERSONS PREVIOUSLY CONVICTED OF ONE OR MORE CRIMINAL OFFENSES
Section 750. Definitions.
752. Unfair discrimination against persons previously convicted of one or more criminal offenses prohibited.
753. Factors to be considered concerning a previous criminal conviction; presumption.
754. Written statement upon denial of license or employment.
750. Definitions. For the purposes of this article, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) "Public agency" means the state or any local subdivision thereof, or any state or local department, agency, board or commission.
(2) "Private employer" means any person, company, corporation, labor organization or association which employs ten or more persons.
(3) "Direct relationship" means that the nature of criminal conduct for which the person was convicted has a direct bearing on his fitness or ability to perform one or more of the duties or responsibilities necessarily related to the license, opportunity, or job in question.
(4) "License" means any certificate, license, permit or grant of permission required by the laws of this state, its political subdivisions or instrumentalities as a condition for the lawful practice of any occupation, employment, trade, vocation, business, or profession. Provided, however, that "license" shall not, for the purposes of this article, include any license or permit to own, possess, carry, or fire any explosive, pistol, handgun, rifle, shotgun, or other firearm.
(5) "Employment" means any occupation, vocation or employment, or any form of vocational or educational training. Provided, however, that "employment" shall not, for the purposes of this article, include membership in any law enforcement agency.
751. Applicability. The provisions of this article shall apply to any application by any person for a license or employment at any public or private employer, who has previously been convicted of one or more criminal offenses in this state or in any other jurisdiction, and to any license or employment held by any person whose conviction of one or more criminal offenses in this state or in any other jurisdiction preceded such employment or granting of a license, except where a mandatory forfeiture, disability or bar to employment is imposed by law, and has not been removed by an executive pardon, certificate of relief from disabilities or certificate of good conduct. Nothing in this article shall be construed to affect any right an employer may have with respect to an intentional misrepresentation in connection with an application for employment made by a prospective employee or previously made by a current employee.
752. Unfair discrimination against persons previously convicted of one or more criminal offenses prohibited. No application for any license or employment, and no employment or license held by an individual, to which the provisions of this article are applicable, shall be denied or acted upon adversely by reason of the individual's having been previously convicted of one or more criminal offenses, or by reason of a finding of lack of "good moral character" when such finding is based upon the fact that the individual has previously been convicted of one or more criminal offenses, unless:
(1) There is a direct relationship between one or more of the previous criminal offenses and the specific license or employment sought or held by the individual; or
(2) the issuance or continuation of the license or the granting or continuation of the