Product Manager - Originations at TSYS
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Atlanta, GeorgiaJob Description:
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere - and for yourself - we may have the right place for you.
The position is open for the new employee to work in Midtown Atlanta Office or at the Main Campus in Columbus, GA
Summary of This Role
Drives the product vision for the assigned portfolio. Helps to shape the product roadmap based on client and user feedback, usage metrics and competitive research. Works closely with internal departments (Product Development, Services and Sales) and external stakeholders (customers and partners) to strategically improve the product portfolio. Manages the Product Life Cycle process for portfolio product offerings. Actively supports sales with expertise, consulting, tools, and collateral. Accountable for product P&L including revenue and profit growth for existing and new products in the geographic or vertical markets assigned. Acts as the products' champion within the company for portfolio product offerings.
What Part Will You Play?
- Serves as primary interface / liaison between business stakeholders, development, marketing & support teams for moderate to complex product offerings.
- For assigned product(s), manages and communicates product roadmap. Product portfolio may include products with revenue scopes and margins that are impactful to the organization.
- Collaborates with company business leaders, sales, IT, legal and strategic marketing and relationship management teams to define product goals, objectives, market positioning, and pricing strategies for the product portfolio. Acts independently in determining methods and procedures for alignment to product strategy.
- Performs competitive benchmarking activities to identify and address product gaps. Distills data from the process, develops and ensures maintenance of strategic planning approach for summarizing and communicating the results of aggregate research that will lead to the development of the strategic product roadmap.
- Represents the customer; be the champion and voice of customers. Builds impactful, personal customer relationships. Brings the customer's voice into the product life cycle process. Leads and influences product teams to invest and iterate on the right product features.
- For assigned product(s), works closely with Product Marketing Managers to promote portfolio products both internally and externally and ensure a cohesive message.
- For assigned product(s), builds product awareness via live / virtual workshops, trainings, webinars etc. Acts as sales overlay, crafting product proposals to client needs. Delivers product demos as required.
- For assigned product(s), partners with pricing team to validate product market opportunities, drive business case development, and recommend options for operating models based on an understanding of use cases, the competitive landscape, and technology trends.
- Evangelizes new products / product features to our clients, working to accelerate their adoption.
- Provides inputs for the commercialization vision for product launches
- Not an exhaustive list; other duties as assigned.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Typically a minimum of 8 years
- Demonstrated track record in product development/management, preferably with cloud based SaaS products and/or with Agile methodologies such as User Centered Design, Lean Startup, XP, or Scrum. Solid business understanding of applicable global regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Master's Degree
- Computer Science or equivalent field from an accredited university.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Having ownership of a function, account or matrix management responsibilities, uses knowledge to ensure success, strengthen relationships, expand the business, and lead matrix teams on complex projects. Barriers to entry such as technical committee review may exist at this level.
- Job Complexity - Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups, both internal and external.
- Supervision - Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.