Mainframe System Administrator II or Above - CICS at TSYS
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Columbus, GeorgiaJob Description:
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere - and for yourself - we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Designs, develops, installs, configures, and maintains enterprise operating and infrastructure systems (e.g. OS upgrades and patches, database management systems, application integration & communications, storage, etc.) as well as installed third-party systems components to ensure reliability in accordance with user needs and technical specifications while meeting defined service level agreements. Recognizes and troubleshoots problems with hardware and operating systems and assigned third-party software running on an IBM Mainframe Establishes and documents standards and procedures (including disaster recovery procedures) for management review. Communicates with and provides reporting and technical support to system users and clients.
What Part Will You Play?
- Candidate will be expected to perform the following functions - define CICS resources; work with GTS Technology Service Center, Helpdesk, applications programming, other tech support teams, and external clients to resolve issues affecting CICS and other system components; install maintenance and new releases of CICS and CICS-related system software; prepare for data center outages; support and perform verification during data center outages; and tune CICS system and applications.
- Supports 24x7 on-call once every 6 weeks
- Must be available 24x7x365 if needed for issue resolution.
- Candidate must be self-starter who works well with others, but can function and make decisions with little consultation when necessary.
- Candidate must be able to function well in stressful situations and prioritize work to meet deadlines for changes and projects.
- Candidate must be eager to learn new and often complex processes, methodologies, and technologies.
- Candidate must be comfortable supporting very large computer systems in a parallel sysplex setting.
- Candidate should have at least 5 years experience with CICS as either a systems programmer, applications programmer, or both.
- Researches assigned aspects of Mainframe operating system (OS), firmware, and Independent Software Vendor's (ISV) product upgrade packages for applicability and impact to Mainframe environments including serving as expert on assigned native programs and ISV software. Provides overall findings with supporting details to Lead for review. Researches assigned, accepted products in depth to build knowledge and become resident expert (or backup) of the product. Recommends configuration settings to Lead System Administrator. Performs larger upgrades and new product installs, under limited review, to various environments under limited review by higher level System Administrator. Understands the relationship of product roll-out including impact on other teams and proposes roll-out schedules accordingly. Displays a thorough knowledge of systems for assigned areas of expertise. Resolves and leads others in resolving daily and on-call issues. Documents moderate to complex projects. Peer reviews work of others as directed.
- Conducts necessary modification and changes to communication channels as directed by a higher level System Administrator to include adjustments to assigned ISV program configurations, as needed. Utilizes management panels to make changes and ensure message/transaction and data migration processes are successful and timely. May support higher level System Administrator in strategy and rule definitions.
- Installs, configures, and monitors various Database Management Systems (DBMS) for performance and tuning issues. Monitors subsystem performance issues by performing daily health checks. Recommends to appropriate team possible issues based on performance data. Adjusts configuration settings as necessary to improve performance and response time. Supports higher level System Administrators on new client blueprints by pulling facts and making recommendations. May develop plans and implement within a development environment.
- Assists in the development of disaster recovery procedures including execution of procedure during testing and training. Provides higher level system administrators feedback on procedures to improve clarity, readability, and accuracy. Identifies intricacies in procedures that could impact recovery efforts. Works with clients on resolving issues during a live disaster recovery ensuring they have access and configuration changes required to connect to the backup site.
- Assesses capacity and resource performance and makes recommendations on how to adjust work to improve performance. Researches tuning opportunities, such as multi-log reviews and historic run-times to isolate performance issues through data assessments. Identifies possible bottlenecks and provide recommendations to application owner for improvements. Designs, develops and runs sophisticated reports and chart sets for internal review including review with Finance regarding actual consumption of resources to plan.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Major in Computer Science preferred, other majors considered. Willing to accept additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp
- Experience in system administration within a highly available enterprise environment or related experience.
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp
- TSYS administration experience in a highly available enterprise environment is strongly preferred.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Operating Systems Knowledge (Mainframe Skills) - z/OS, z/VM, TSO/ISPF, ISMF, JCL, SMP/E, Catalogs, CA1, DFSMS, DFHSM, DFDSS, REXX, Utilities
- General Business Knowledge - A strong level of understanding of the payments industry and the services TSYS provides. Possess a strong understanding of TSYS' enterprise infrastructure systems and how they work together to provide payment services.
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.