Product Development Manager - Mobile Payments at TSYS
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Broomfield, ColoradoJob Description:
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere - and for yourself - we may have the right place for you.
Position may be based in: Broomfield, CO; Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE, Alpharetta, GA; or Boston, MA.
Summary of This Role
Researches and analyzes business opportunities, consistent with the organization's long range and strategic plans. Identifies and investigates emerging market and niche opportunities. Oversees market analysis, monitors competitive activity, and identifies needs relative to organization's capabilities and alignment. Provides leadership in the planning, designing, due diligence (e.g. financial feasibility studies, market research), and implementing of strategic business objectives. Implements business plans and creatively solves design, financial, marketing, or administrative problems. Maintains knowledge of new trends and products within assigned areas. May assist with special studies in areas such as operational effectiveness, capacity utilization, cost containment, etc. Developing key partnerships and collaborating with business leaders internally and externally.
What Part Will You Play?
- Participates in, manages and leads business development projects aligned with strategic planning. For the North America Business Segment, typical costs for project development would be approximately up to $1M.
- Works with product managers, sales, clients, relationship management teams, consultants, and internal and external partners to define growth strategies, product marketing positioning objectives, pricing strategies, partnerships, communications, industry events, and/or strategies for products and services. Works on a variety of product or service initiatives that may involve existing products, enhancements to existing products or products that are in development.
- Gathers product and/or service requirements in support of new product development for typical opportunity up to approximately $10M in potential revenue. Determines market competitiveness.
- Identifies specific clients to market existing and new products, formulates strategy, and delivers presentations of new products and services.
- Negotiates with vendors and/or clients during process design and implementation of existing products and services. With some assistance, negotiates with new vendor for smaller initiatives.
- Monitors market, collects competitor information to perform competitor analysis and conducts analysis to identify vendors for possible partnerships.
- Monitors performance of multiple platforms and solutions and gathers, analyzes and interprets data. Makes recommendations for process improvements to leadership team based on performance.
- Communicates and partners with Executives and/or Division leaders to identify and evaluate ongoing corporate growth opportunities domestically and internationally.
- With infrequent oversight, develops business cases for new products or solutions to serve as inputs to decision-making, prioritization, pricing, and client value proposition.
- Works directly with Sales and Relationship Management, as well as other appropriate entities, such as clients and partners, to educate various audiences on product opportunities, selling points, competitive landscape, and proposition. Has moderate client contact and typically has support from other internal resources to support the direct client contact.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- 8 years related product development management experience
- Bachelor's Degree or a combination of relevant training and/ or experience in lieu of degree
- Experience working with mobile solutions
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience building business plans
- Experience building technology roadmaps
- Master's Degree
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.