Senior Product Strategy Manager at TSYS
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Atlanta, GeorgiaJob Description:
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere - and for yourself - we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Builds and maintains the overall product roadmap for the issuing segment; ensure it is completely aligned with the business strategy. Develops product strategies, oversee pricing and determine overall marketplace engagement approaches for issuing segments. Manages strategic goals and market enhancement initiatives. Leads relationship and negotiations with key stakeholders; communicates the vision, obtains feedback, builds and drives consensus. Responsible for market analysis of competitors, partner ecosystem management, product analysis, and researching new business models. Evaluates and manages new business opportunities, initiatives, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, alliances and/or joint ventures.
What Part Will You Play?
- Guides the overall planning, analysis, formulation and implementation of longer-term strategic product roadmaps. Defines the strategic direction of future development and enhancement across the TSYS portfolio of products and services; presents a vision of the future predicated on a thesis of where the market, clients and competitors are headed, leveraging quantitative analysis and other sources of information.
- Oversees teams that delineate the strategic functional requirements of a proposed product/service, with prioritization of features and capabilities to inform subsequent decisions and, possibly, ultimate design and delivery trade-offs.
- Oversees the management of the entire product lifecycle, including investment and sunset decisions.
- Evaluates and manages new business opportunities, initiatives, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, alliances and/or joint ventures. Guides and interprets analyses covering the economics, technical, legal, regulatory, market and competitive environments. Monitors gathered competitive intelligence and identifies client needs.
- Manages the existing product portfolio to fulfill financial objectives across medium to long-range strategic plans.
- Provides direction to product development and the overall process of the product and services function. Builds products and services from existing ideas and helps to develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers and prospects. Increases profitability of existing products and services to developing new solutions which advance business objectives and client needs.
- Evaluates and guides build, buy or partner determinations relative to how TSYS may fulfill strategic product requirements and address gaps in product lines.; includes the identification, evaluation and negotiation of new or renewing partner relationships in a rigorous process to ensure selection of "best-in-class" partners.
- Builds strong working relationships (i) across internal constituencies, to include, IPG, Account Management, Information Technology, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal, and Corporate Strategy/M&A; (ii) with external business partners and payments ecosystem players; and (iii) senior management of key customers and prospects.
- Leads and oversees the development of business cases for new opportunities, products and solutions including competitor analyses, industry trends and financial analyses.
- Builds on any applicable client quantitative analysis to create an understanding of the holistic value chain associated with a business process in connection with products/services offered by TSYS and ensures that there is a clear understanding of the problems to be solved and the general use case scenarios to guide later definition of user stories and personas. Evaluates trade-offs to identity the most effective way for TSYS to deliver the proposed product in light of organizational, competency, resource availability and financial constraints.
- Monitors and identifies market and industry trends and business opportunities. Manages/undertakes market research to define current and prospective future client needs and potential areas to focus on strategically. Conducts complex analysis of data, requests, and facts. Solves complex problems through recommendations, which typically deviate from established procedures. Uses individual judgment to make and approve recommendations for actions or changes to established methods.
- Provides regular updates to Executive Management on product roadmap status, work efforts, and process improvements. Communicates with clients to gain consensus and/or compromise on problems involving confidential and sensitive information.
- Helps manage key strategic partner relationships by leading and managing partner management staff, developing and maintaining relationships with supplier executives, negotiating supplier contracts, leading and managing vendor management controls, and optimizing business opportunities with third party supplier partners
- Coordinates with M&A teams to evaluate any potential acquisition or investment opportunities that may arise in support of IPG initiatives
- Participates in setting the strategy overall product pricing and client billing for services and on-going products or features.
- Not an exhaustive list; other duties as assigned.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Business or Computer Science; Combination of relevant training and/ or experience in lieu of degree
- Typically Minimum 10+ Years Relevant Exp
- Experience in Product Management or Corporate Strategy
- Experience in similar business product services and/or external customer/market experience
- Master's Degree
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as User Centered Design, Lean Startup, XP, or Scrum.
- Prefer experience in a software development environment or in a professional services role. Prefer software or IT background (i.e., degree or experience). Prefer direct experience with doing software development, testing and/or business analysis.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having broad yet in-depth expertise and unique knowledge, uses skills to set and ensure success of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways within environments and situations that are complex and difficult. Having ownership of a function, major account or matrix management responsibilities, uses knowledge to ensure success, strengthen relationships, expand the business through key initiatives, and lead matrix teams on complex projects. Barriers to entry such as technical committee and senior management review exist at this level.
- Job Complexity - Works on issue that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products, or technologies. Creates formal networks with key decision makers and serves as external spokesperson for the organization with key accounts, agencies, partners, vendors, and sales prospects.
- Supervision - Exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.