Senior Planner/Buyer at Pioneer Natural Resources USA, Inc.
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Irving, Texas
Accountable for collaboratively planning with internal customers, executing against sourcing strategies, timely acquisition of goods and services, and scheduling of the logistics from suppliers and contractors to meet the needs of the company while seeking maximum value for the organization.
- Compile info from asset and inventory usages to determine buying strategy
- Define and identify critical spares and what is reasonable to keep on hand
- Set min/max in coordination with the warehouse and aligned with the needs from the Business Units as well as assigning ABC classifications for inventory counts
- Optimize BOM change impact and communication with all whom it would effect
- Coordinate with Assets to forecast material needs and meet delivery dates
- Assist in item number identification and provide feedback to the Item Analyst
- Compiles and publishes weekly inventory reports to maintain healthy levels
- Coordinate last mile to site
- Work with supplier and warehouse/yard as well as logistics supplier to coordinate other services such as cranes, escorts, etc.
- Work with vendor yards to coordinate the just in time delivery
- Works jointly with Materials Management, for reconciling 3rd party yards on a monthly basis
- Validate delivery dates with suppliers on all open orders on a regular basis and update status within the system
- Conduct monthly closeout of open items to include but not limited to open PO and unmatched invoices
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor's degree preferred in a related field. May consider related work experience in lieu of degree.
- 8-10 years’ experience in a Planner/Buyer function in a high volume oil and gas environment
- Proficiency using ERP systems (Ariba experience a plus)
- Thorough understanding of purchasing policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience with production planning and scheduling practices
- Highly organized with a focus on customer service.
Pioneer Natural Resources is an EEO/AA-M/F/disability/veteran Employer.