Business Development Representative at IDC
Posted in Research 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: San Mateo, CaliforniaJob Description:
Requisition Number 2018-1337
Functional Area Sales
Location US-CA-San Mateo
# of Openings 1
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm operating in over 110 countries worldwide. IDC's collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
IDC's Vendor sales team is seeking Inside Business Development Rep (BDR) for our San Mateo, California office, who will work to develop strong client relationships and grow sales within the Sector Sales TAM of companies in the high tech industry.
- The primary goal of this role is to identify new accounts for IDC and set up meetings for SAE's to sell IDC key product lines particularly the Emerging Vendor Program, related subscription services, and Go-to-Market Services.
- Expectation is a minimum of 60 calls plus per day to TAM targets as well as any other follow-up on IDC events and webinars etc. to all attendees and setting up a minimum of 8-10 qualified in person meetings per week for the outside sales reps.
- The individuals will work closely with sales management, marketing as well with Sr. Account Executives (SAE) and Client Service Representatives (CSR) internally.
- We are looking for individuals that are driven to meet goals, possess tenacity and a passion for achieving results.
- The ideal candidate should have previous experience in cold calling, inside/telesales, supporting multiple teams, and account management/customer service.
- One to three years of experience in Tech Industry B2B, research, or services Inside/Telesales, client service, relationship management preferred.
- Proven ability to drive engagement, influence others and sell over the phone.
- This position is located in our San Mateo, CA office
About IDC: International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.