Senior Manager, Connections Planning & Investment at The Coca-Cola Company
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:
Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It’s an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company’s flagship market. We’re accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do – whether we’re innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we’re collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we’re returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people – with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace – are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Senior Manager, Connections Planning & Investments is responsible for providing critical thinking and thought leadership on 2 to 3 brands across our Portfolio. This role will report to the Director, Connections Planning & Investment.
This role is also responsible, in partnership with Brand Marketers, Content Partners and broader cross-functional marketing community for building best-in-class brand connection plans across most relevant paid, earned, owned, and shared connections points. This individual will develop prioritized investment strategy inclusive of internal and external investments to build strong connection plans across paid (Broadcast, On-line Video, Radio, Digital, Mobile, Search, OOH, Print, etc.), earned (PR, influencers, social), owned (packaging, liquid rewards, websites), and shared (passion point properties, customers) connection points across the consumer journey. They will do this by understanding and interpreting consumer insights and trends, developing communication strategies, understanding marketing mix learnings and applying latest industry and marketplace knowledge.
This person is able to link business strategy to communications strategy and translate the communication strategy into an optimal connections plan. This role also provides the vision and connections strategy that is fully integrated with Core Creative Ideas across connections to deliver brand objectives while deriving greater impact from our advertising and integrated communication efforts for priority brands.
The Senior Manager, Connections Planning & Investment directs the negotiations of paid media investments for a brand(or brands) against national and/or local media (Broadcast, Print, Online, Radio, OOH, etc), Social, Mobile and Search, etc. efforts in partnership and with the support of agencies (Media agency, Social agencies, Search agency, etc).
Function Specific Activities:
- Experienced in strategy and architecture development, connections planning and buying; management of investment strategy across all shared, owned, earned and paid online and offline channels.
- Identify, nurture and leverage external connections industry and agency partnerships. Serve as the day-to-day management of industry partners + agency deliverables. Be the internal team’s “go-to” for all connection planning questions and deliverables across cross-functional team.
- Identify, design, negotiate, and execute brand connections tactical plans that include the development of partner created branded content. Work with internal cross-functional team leads across Brand, Content, PR, Assets, Legal, Business Affairs to flawlessly execute programs.
- Experienced in connections planning and investment; management of investment strategy across all relevant connections points inclusive of offline and online channels.
- Interprets business and consumer data to develop insightful solutions to business problems. Translates business objectives and priorities into strategic briefs that guide the industry + agency partner direction.
- Actively participate in key brand, content and extended cross-functional marketing meetings with internal and external subject matter experts.
- Understand and able to simply communicate complex trends in the media landscape and consumer media behaviour.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Related Work Experience: 10 – 15 years
Preferred Knowledge/Skills/Qualifications: Strategic thinking, strategy development, marketing expertise, experience working in areas of communication inclusive and beyond paid media (e.g. Connections Planning and Investment, Brand Marketing, Content, Public Relations, Shopper Marketing, etc.), knowledge of current brand and consumer marketing trends, experience in marketing and branding of lifestyle or entertainment brands, knowledge of data and programmatic buying, social media, search, etc
- Solid strategic thinking and ideation
- Project and relationship management skills
- Connections planning and investment across paid and beyond touchpoints
- Leadership acumen
- Superior Influencing Skills
- Adept data and analytics knowledge and application
- Strong Financial Acumen
Years of Experience:10+ Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.