Diesel Mechanic/Oil Lube Technician- Saltwell at Central Supply Inc
Posted in Automotive 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bridgeport, West Virginia
State: West Virginia
Postal/Zip Code: 26330
The name Central Supply Company, an Oldcastle Materials company, has been synonymous with “service” for nearly 100 years and four generations. We serve our customers in communities throughout north and central West Virginia, southwest Pennsylvania and western Maryland. While we strive to promote our main product lines of Ready-Mixed Concrete, Concrete Block, Concrete Pumping, Insulated Concrete Forms, Brick and Builders’ Materials, our number one goal is to forge partnerships with our customers through hard work and service. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Job Description Summary
- Effectively diagnose and repair equipment and Class 8 heavy vehicles, perform preventative maintenance on fleet. Complete related reports and paperwork, order parts, operate and maintain and supply your own suitable work tools. (We provide company specialty tools for usage while in shop)
- Maintain proper certifications needed to perform the job
- Work on an array of mechanical issues as related to ready mix concrete equipment including, but not limited to: entire fleet of vehicles, hydraulics, electrical, etc.
- Keep all equipment in good working condition
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment using hoists and hand tools
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles
- Read and understand operating manuals, schematic, and technical drawings
- Keep up with good housekeeping procedures
- Maintain a clean driving record in the event you are called upon to drive a company vehicle
- Make any and all repairs to equipment on an as need basis
- Able to provide information to supervisors and co-workers
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge
- Able to learn company specific applications
- Must be able to work days, evenings, and weekends
- Must have class B or higher CDL license or the ability to obtain a CDL license within 6 months of employment
- Vocational or technical training: diesel equipment, heavy equipment
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 to 3 years of experience in maintenance
- CDL Class B or higher preferred, required within 6 months of employment offer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Central Supply Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Central Supply Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.