Posted in Automotive 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Sacramento, California
Job ID: 3595
UTI is looking for skilled automotive, diesel and collision repair & refinishing technicians who are ready to share their expertise and industry knowledge with the next generation of technicians. At UTI, all of our Instructors are former technicians like you; no prior teaching experience, degree or certification is required. Instead, through our paid 9-week New Instructor Training we will train you on how to deliver our designed curriculum and labs, how to manage a classroom, how to hold students accountable, and encourage them with structured opportunities to develop their own proficiency. Enjoy the perks of teaching: receive paid training on the newest practices in the industry, work in a climate controlled environment, no flat rate hours and warranty work, and have a rewarding career sharing your knowledge.
Full-time employment with classes in session Monday through Friday, year-round and closed with pay on 9 major holidays.
Principle Accountabilities & Deliverables
• Help students realize their dreams by organizing and delivering class objectives in a clear, concise manner; maintaining an orderly, controlled, and safe environment for our students in classrooms and labs; ensuring training aids, tools, and equipment are maintained and prepared for use in the classroom and lab; supervising and holding students accountable while promoting learning, participation, motivation, and professionalism; testing, evaluating, and communicating performance and progress with students, supervisors, and other departments in a timely and accurate manner; and maintaining curriculum accuracy by keeping up-to-date on the industry.
• Ensures UTI is legitimate in our operations by following the compliance related responsibilities for this position in the supplemental document.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Education / Experience
• Campus Education & Experience Requirements:
• Sacramento - High School diploma or equivalent; 5 years related work experience.
• Computer skills
• Communication skills (verbal and written)
• People development and instructional skills and abilities
• Problem solving and multi-tasking skills, can adapt to a changing fast-paced environment
• Motivated and professional, with a positive attitude
• Technical expertise
• Strong automatic transmissions experience a plus
• Must be able to instruct two consecutive courses per workday; amount of hours will vary based on campus location and program (applies to campuses with ADT II curriculum)
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 pounds for short periods of time during the workday
• Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl for very short periods of time during the workday
• Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for all of the workday
• Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Work is performed primarily indoors often in a climate controlled environment.
• Work is performed near or with moving mechanical parts
• Short periods of limited exposure to non-hazardous levels of fumes or airborne particles.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.