Assistant Account Executive, Xbox PR at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Seattle, Washington
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Assembly Media Inc., a subsidiary of Daniel J. Edelman Holdings, Inc., has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Account Executive on the Xbox team in the Seattle or San Francisco office. This position will support the Xbox One platform division of Microsoft’s global Xbox brand. The job will touch various initiatives on the platform side of the business such as consoles and accessories, Xbox Live, Xbox One Backward Compatibility, Xbox Game Pass, PC gaming and Mixer, among other projects. The ideal candidate has strong problem-solving skills, is quick and eager to learn and is a team player. Not to mention, you’ll be surrounded by really smart (and fun) people, work in a vibrant office, and keep caffeinated with free gourmet coffee and soda.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the Communications Marketing industry and the basic principles of Integrated Communications Marketing
- Understands key client information including business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors
- Provides client service administration including preparing client status and activity reports, attending meetings and conference calls, compiling and analyzing media coverage, drafting media and analyst materials, etc.
- Provides logistics support for the team including hardware inventory management and distribution
- Researches, outlines, writes, edits and proofreads materials, including media advisories, pitch mails, biographies, reports, fact sheets, etc.
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of current social media tools
- Builds a network of traditional and online media and analyst contacts
- Records and submits time and expenses to the right project codes on a timely basis
- Manages time well and understands over-servicing and how best to utilize their work hours
- Contributes to performance appraisal process for peers and managers
- Oversees interns on projects and serves as a positive role model
- Understands internal operations and cross-team cooperation
- Commits to continuous learning and improvement of tactical skills by attending offered classes, on-the-job training and mentoring
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Assembly’s values, Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Learns about Assembly’s various capabilities and contribute ideas when appropriate about how to improve them and develop new capabilities
- Supports and respects colleagues, clients and partners; focuses on self-improvement and ensures work is based on strategic insights
- Effectively and consistently manages strengths and weaknesses of self and others; enables self and others to bring the best of their skills and talents to work; is consistently ambitious in setting and achieving goals
- Always takes feedback as a constructive learning opportunity and acts upon it; enables others to thrive as part of agency life and adapts to others’ styles to do so; ensures excellence is repeated by rigorously identifying and socializing key learnings for all colleagues
- Pushes for creative ideas; is purposeful and enterprising in problem-solving; embraces diverse trends, skills, specialties and viewpoints
- Ensures work and relationships are founded on open and honest communication; listens and asks the right questions during day-to-day work; upholds creative, ethical and legal standards
- Ensures that client counsel and agency action is always purposeful and challenging; prioritizes the interests of the wider agency; holds subordinates, peers and superiors accountable for demonstrating integrity and ethical behavior
- Demonstrates a strategic and thoughtful approach in challenging others to ask the right questions; prioritizes the interests of client service excellence ahead of individual advancement
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
- Previous internship experience in Communications Marketing and/or related fields, including public relations, marketing or journalism, and a general understanding of the gaming industry (whether personally or professionally) is preferred
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and written and verbal communications skills with the ability to work effectively with a variety of clients and team members across offices
- Solid working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong work ethic and the ability to provide quality work to clients and teams in a timely manner
About Assembly Media, Inc.
Assembly was formed by converging best-in-class teams at Edelman to lead U.S.-based public relations, digital, social, measurement and creative on behalf of Microsoft. Assembly offers a tightly integrated storytelling machine working across a variety of Microsoft properties from Xbox to Microsoft Stores and the Microsoft central marketing group. We work in lockstep with Edelman in more than a dozen countries worldwide to create unique, award-winning programs.
Assembly and Edelman were collectively named the 2014 Microsoft Supplier of the Year, a prestigious honor that recognizes superior performance, exemplary service and innovation by suppliers that demonstrate what it means to be a preferred supplier at Microsoft.