Un-Armed Security Guard - Part Time (Available for Immediate Hire) at Akima, LLC
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 21 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Homestead, Florida
AGS specializes in compliant, innovative, and efficient detention management, health services, and records and document management services. AGS safeguards some of the most demanding missions facing key federal agencies including the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Air Force.
Come be a part of a top notch team, apply today!!
Description: Akima Global Services (AGS) LLC, is currently planning for temporary, intermittent unarmed security services for Unaccompanied Minor Shelter Center in Homestead, Florida. Guards provide for security patrols, access control, security related escort duties, traffic and parking control, and security and safety response and surveillance. While these are the primary duties, other security related duties may be assigned as needed and required. Security Guards report to an immediate Supervisor who provides instruction and direction.
Full and Part Time Unarmed Security Guards are needed for this vacancy announcement.
Responsibilities & Duties: The duties of the Unarmed Security Guard for the HHS/ORR Unaccompanied Minor Shelter Center include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain the security of all areas by taking actions as required by appropriate procedures and checklists
- Take charge of your post by securing and protecting personnel and property for which you are responsible until properly relieved. Comply with orders and instructions given. These responsibilities continue until relieved by proper authority
- Report all violations of orders you must enforce
- Give the alarm in case of disorder or emergency
- Report unusual events that threaten the security of the center or endangers life or property
- Take reasonable counteraction to save life and property or lessen danger. At the same time, you must maintain the security of your post and remain alert for other possible violations during the emergency
- Maintain primary Entry and Egress location at the Center entrances and exits
- Conduct physical and Electronic surveillance in all areas of assigned responsibility
- Provide for Base Traffic Control when required
- Maintain checklists and checkpoints throughout your assigned shift
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a H.S. Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have one (1) year of experience in an armed security/law enforcement related profession, either civilian or military.
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
- Must have intermediate written English skills, including ability to prepare detailed written reports and fill out forms;
- Must possess a Florida State Security Guard Card;
- Must be able to pass all training and obtain all required certifications.
- Must be able to pass a company background investigation to include criminal, credit and driving record, and fingerprint checks.
- Pass Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) check.
- Must meet client suitability.
- Bi-Lingual ability to speak and understand Spanish is considered a positive factor;
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.