CST/PST Weekend Option at Community Health Network
Posted in Health Care 22 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Kokomo, Indiana
The Certified Surgical Tech/Patient Support Tech position is located in Kokomo, Indiana.
- The Certified Surgical Tech/Patient Support Tech serves as a member of the team, working with surgeons, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, registered nurses and other surgical personnel in delivering patient care and assuming appropriate responsibilities in the preoperative arena such as scrubbing and assisting
- Assists in the set up and breakdown of other sterile procedures performed in the area
- Responsibilities include stocking the Operating Room suites and general patient care areas
- Responsibilities may include cleaning equipment used in the unit procedures
- The role will work under the direction of the charge nurse and other registered nurses as needed
One year of current Certified Surgical Tech experience preferred in an operating room.
Graduate from a recognized school for Surgical Technology.
Current certification required.
- Understanding of aseptic principles
- Oral communication skills to communicate appropriately with the entire surgical team
- Written skills for appropriate documentation
- Ability to work with peers in a team manner
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in his/her area
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and personnel
- Positive customer service
- Able to use calculator and be proficient at addition and multiplication
CST, surgical tech, certified surgical technician
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.