Materials Planning Manager at American Tower Corporation
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 22 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Woburn, Massachusetts
The Supply Chain department strategically sources quality materials and establishes strategic vendor partnerships to help other departments execute projects on time and safely and in a way that maximizes value for American Tower. The Materials Planning Manager (“Manager”) will be a significant contributor to the Company’s U.S. Tower division’s inventory and warehousing management strategy and will collaborate with the corporate and international divisions to leverage best practices where possible.
The Manager, having responsibilities of up $20 million in on-hand inventory, implements best-in-class inventory management policies and financial controls to support purchasing strategy. The incumbent is responsible for the execution and end-to-end performance management of that strategy in support of various business objectives. The Manager will also be responsible for the overall relationships with Third Party Logistics (“3PL”) providers.
The incumbent will act as the Supply Chain department’s liaison to the Finance, Operations, and Managed Networks departments for all capital-, services-, and repair-related materials. The Manager enforces and reports on various material purchase controls associated with warehouse and storage locations. Using industry best practices, the incumbent develops and implements standard operating procedures to ensure that inventory levels appropriately account for material lead times, production demand, and business impacts, all while maintaining accurate financial information that is available on demand. The Manager must think creatively and challenge the status quo while upholding the highest levels of integrity and compliance.
- Successfully manage the U.S. Tower division’s overall materials management program, including the development and/or enhancement of inventory management policies, procedures, systems, and best practices.
- Establish analytical and statistical forecasting methods to drive demand planning and forecasting to maintain an optimal balance of materials quantities to support business needs.
- Manage Field Replaceable Unit inventory program, including repair and refurbishment of assets in support of operational service levels.
- Seek ways to maximize values of the 3PL engagement; develop and implement tools to provide on-going metrics and reporting to monitor 3PL operations, contract compliance, and overall supplier performance.
- Manage vendor relationships with prompt, courteous, professional communication and fact-based information sharing.
- Establish procedures and rules to manage exceptions such as backorders, recalls, delayed or incomplete deliveries, etc.
- Consistently create, develop, and implement additional procedures, systems, programs, and processes aimed at continuous improvement, quality, and customer enhancement.
- Model departmental behaviors, including a drive for results with a clear bias for action, high levels of maturity and professionalism, and giving, receiving, and responding to feedback effectively
- Deliver a high level of customer service.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with senior-level business leaders and Finance department stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervise and manage the performance of Coordinators, Analysts, Buyers, and the Inventory Manager. Create strong collaborative team environment.
- Recruit, develop, and retain staff, partnering with Senior Management, Recruiting, and Human Resources.
- Provide disciplined performance management for team. Define and communicate annual goals, perform formal and informal performance reviews, and ensure changes and updates are communicated in a timely and professional manner.
- Proactively identify and resolve personnel issues in conjunction with Human Resources
- Proficient understanding of business analytics, including the ability to predict and respond to rapidly emerging trends
- Strong leadership skills with prior supervisory experience and the ability to drive and motivate a team to achieve results.
- Demonstrated success at identifying and synthesizing needs into a concise, clear, and influential presentations, with a focus on consistent and concise message delivery.
- Proficient ability to solve functional problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Track record of relationship building skills, including the capacity to predict and manage behavior, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage influential leadership
- Proficient at identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; and taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Expert project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize, and control job responsibilities to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required with a focus on a related field of study preferred
- At least 5 years of related experience in materials planning, warehouse management, inventory control, or logistics operations and third-party warehousing required
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, specifically, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word, required
- Telecommunications industry experience preferred
- Three years of personnel management experience required
- Experience with Oracle release 12 environment preferred
Approximately 90% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 10% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.