Head Custodian (School/Windsor) (20453023) at Owens Realty
Posted in Facilities 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: windsor, ConnecticutJob Description:
Owens Realty Services
Windsor, CT, United States of America
Our employees experience a dynamic and rewarding place to work. We have a reputation for outstanding customer service, professionalism, teamwork, and exceeding client expectations. We consider the employees of Owens Realty Services and Owens Facility Services to be one of our most valuable resources. Our employees treat others in a friendly and courteous manner and have respect for other employees, tenants, visitors and our clients' property.
Job Skills / Requirements
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
We have an exceptional full-time Head Custodian opportunity within a prestigious portfolio located in Windsor, CT. As a core member of the Custodial Team, you will be primarily responsible for performing routine cleaning within a school system environment.
As a full-service commercial brokerage, investment, management, maintenance, housekeeping and environmental services company, Owens Realty Services continues to experience extraordinary growth attributed to our overwhelming commitment and dedication to the absolute best and most innovative services in the industry. As a Head Custodian you will work closely with the team in order to meet the needs of the client. In this role, you will report to the Custodial Manager.
Location: Wethersfield, CT
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Here is what you can expect in this role:
• Provides leadership for building custodial staff.
• Ensures students and staff have a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean, and efficient place in which to learn, play, work, and develop.
• Performs basic janitorial tasks including, but not limited to, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning rest rooms, and vacuuming carpets.
• Satisfies service requests per work orders, following company procedures.
• Assists with office, common areas, and other areas including painting, performing repairs, and servicing plumbing and electrical fixtures.
• Regularly inspects building, plumbing, electrical fixtures, appliances, and major equipment.
• Makes necessary repairs or replacements with approval of Chief Facility Engineer or Facility Manager.
• On call for emergency duty when assigned.
• Is familiar with power, water, and gas turnoffs, clean out traps, fire extinguishers, and fire hydrants.
• Assists in maintaining inventory of tools, equipment, and supplies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must know how to strip and wax floors
• Must be proactive
• Must be a team player
• High school education or equivalent.
• Full-time maintenance experience.
• Reliable transportation.
• Good safety habits.
• Some familiarity with electricity, plumbing, and carpentry.
• Working knowledge of HVAC systems and various appliances.
• Compatible with wide range of people.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; push/pull equipment; use arm, leg and back muscles for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb, stoop, kneel or crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, hazardous materials and waste. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Additional Information / Benefits
Established in 1990, Owens Realty Services is a full-service commercial brokerage, investment, management, maintenance, housekeeping and environmental services company. Our comprehensive roster of services efficiently and economically manages the operation of sophisticated real estate investment portfolios, residential apartment and condominium complexes, government buildings, educational facilities, corporate campuses, high-profile venues and family entertainment parks in both the public and private sector. Owens Realty Services affiliates with significant industry associations to stay on the forefront of the development of new management models, marketing strategies, maintenance techniques and industry product lines. We integrate industry best practices to achieve the highest quality of service delivery for our clients.
With an emphasis on customized management plans, our services result in maintaining the maximum life cycles for critical capital investments, a healthy and clean environment for all building tenants and visitors, as well as substantial cost savings. Owens Realty Services saves our clients, on average, approximately $1.00 per square foot in operational cost savings.
Owens Realty Services portfolio includes over 25 million square feet of first class, high profile facilities in Connecticut , Florida, North Carolina and New York with a value of more than $8 billion in real estate net worth and $30 million in gross annual revenue. With over 1,000 industry professionals company-wide, our organization continues to experience extraordinary growth attributed to our overwhelming commitment and dedication to the absolute best and most innovative services in the industry.
We look for employees who will:
- Strive for professional excellence in the performance of their jobs
- Understand and support the company's direction
- Provide superior service to our customers and employees
- Be flexible, innovative, and responsible to change
- Manage human and financial resources wisely
- Be a team player, helping others to succeed
- Encourage open communication throughout the company
- Treat all individuals with dignity and respect
- Have pride in and sell Owens Realty Services to others
- Be energetic and excited about their field of work and of others around them
- Be able to go above and beyond what is expected of them
- Be involved and enveloped in the entire business of our company
Owens Realty Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, or national origin.
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This is a Full-Time position