Quality Analyst at TE Connectivity
Posted in Other 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hampton, Virginia
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
TE is now one of the largest sensor companies in the world, with innovative sensor solutions that help customers transform concepts into smart, connected creations. TE s unmatched portfolio of intelligent, efficient and high-performing sensor solutions are used for customers across several industries, from automotive, industrial and commercial transportation and aerospace and defense, to medical solutions and consumer applications.
TE Connectivity's Quality Assurance Teams are responsible for all or part of an organization's Quality Management System, including conformance and continuous improvement initiatives. They work on systemic evaluation of products, services, facilities, manufacturing or business processes, to ensure that standards of quality are being met. Develop and implement quality plans, programs and procedures using quality control statistics, lean manufacturing concepts, and six-sigma tools and analyses. They reviews, analyze and report on quality discrepancies, investigate problems and executes quality audits, and develops disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies. The team works closely with manufacturing, engineering, customers, or suppliers and subcontractors to ensure requirements are met.
* Assist the Quality Manager in establishing, implementing and maintaining the Quality Management System (QMS).
* Support continual improvement activities to enhance the QMS.
* Support the implementation of configuration management for Engineering Change Orders (ECO)
* Support the maintenance of Engineering documentation files and logs
* Support Part number integration process
* Perform Measurement, Test & Inspection of product at Receiving Inspection, In-Process and Final test.
* Conduct QMS, process, and product audits in accordance with the QMS internal audit requirements.
* Support product & process failure root cause analysis
* Provide support to manufacturing departmental Quality Control Inspectors, as necessary, to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
* Support return product analysis, and customer complaint systems for root cause analysis and corrective actions
* Prepare QA reports as directed by the QA Manager.
* Support the control of Non-conforming material process
* Assist in the development of quality plans, implement established methods for new and existing products for inspection and test procedures
* Work with cross-functional teams to improve processes and to drive product quality
* Other appropriate duties as assigned
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
* Must be U.S. citizen or green card holder
* Familiar with formal quality system assessments (i.e. ISO 9001, AS9100)
* Knowledgeable in electronics and electronic assembly/inspection.
* Working knowledge of methodologies for inspecting parts for tolerance specifications.
* Must be able to read and follow all written and implied directions, policies and procedures.
* Ability to analyze and resolve problems using various failure analysis techniques to isolate failures down to the root cause.
* Good organization, verbal, writing and listening skills
* High level of attention to detail and accuracy
* Work independently in a team environment
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* AS Technical Degree minimum; equivalent experience may be acceptable
* 3-5 years' experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control with a technical product manufacturer.
* Working knowledge of ISO 9001 a plus
* Working knowledge of AS9100 is a plus
* Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, TE Connectivity does not discriminate because of Race, Religion, Color, Age, Gender, Marital Status, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Physical or Mental Disability, or Protected Veteran Status, or any other categories protected by law.
Individuals with disabilities, who require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application and/or to participate in any part of the employee selection process, should contact us via e-mail at CorporateStaffing@TE.com or by phone (610) 893-9333.