Security Officer at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
Job Description SummaryThe security Officer is responsible for performing hotel functions, to include fire prevention, safety, investigation, and resolution of guest and employee complaints regarding safety and security matters.
- Performs hotel security functions to include fire prevention and safety checks.
- Prevents losses of company and guest’s property due to thefts, burglary, pilferage, and other criminal activity.
- Insures a safe and tranquil environment for guests and employees.
- Checks doors, windows, and secures facilities during non-operating hours.
- Monitors the activities of personnel on the premises to detect and counter thefts and other criminal activities.
- Investigates thefts, accidents, and other incidents which occur on the property.
- Completes associates forms and reports.
- Resolves guest and employee complaints regarding safety and security matters.
- To perform other work related duties as assigned by Management.
- Ability to stand and walk on a continuous basis, and run as warranted.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle during all hours and in all weather conditions.
- Ability to understand and execute all safety and emergency procedures, (for example: fire, crowd control, inclement weather, and bomb threats.)
- Ability to understand and operate emergency equipment, (for example fire extinguishers, wheel chairs, respirators.)
- Ability to lift, carries, and store in overhead areas approximately 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift and move, in an emergency situation, an immobilized adult.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, climb (including stairs and ladder), and reach.
- Ability to push and/or pull approximately 75 lbs.
- Ability to work in temperature extremes.
- Ability to utilize communication equipment (for example: telephones, radios, and beepers.)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with guests and other employees.
- Ability to interact with guests and other employees in a courteous, empathetic, and discreet manner.
- Ability to read and write effectively.
- Ability to sustain direct contact with the public; must establish high degree of customer service, (smile, eye contact, positive personal presentation, etc.), and high volume interaction with guests and staff.
Special Qualification, Education or Licenses:
- Possession of a valid CPR certification
- Completion of First Aid training
- Possession of 20.40 visions with or without corrective lenses.
- Possession of any city, county, state, or other licenses as required by law
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.