Lieutenant- Entry Control Point Site Supervisor at MVM, Inc.
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
TITLE: LIEUTENANT- ENTRY CONTROL POINT (ECP) SECURITY SUPERVISOR
LOCATION: NIH- BETHESDA, MD
DURATION: FULL TIME
SCHEDULE: Various Schedules, Must be flexible to work holidays, nights and weekends
The Lieutenant – Entry Control Point (ECP) Security Supervisor serves to ensure the protection of NIH property, employees and their property. The ECP will oversee the MVM security officers working ECP to ensure the assigned guards are trained to carry out the protocols assigned to the post. The ECP Lieutenant will be present during normal ECP hours.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
In order to accomplish the required functions associated with this job, the Lieutenant shall be able to perform the duties detailed below in accordance with policies and procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), emergency/contingency plans, and the Contract.
- Train guard(s) and monitor performance.
- Oversee guards to ensure all actions are in accordance with and adhere to the standards dictated by the NIH-MVM Post Orders.
- Report any infractions, on the daily ECP form, to the appropriate NIH Division of Police Personnel (COR’s designated) and MVM supervisory personnel. The ECP form shall be completed by the ECP - LIEUTENANT for each shift and submitted to the designated COR before he/she signs off for the day.
- remain vigilant when watching for signs of misconduct or impeding distress on the part of NIH employees/contractors and/or visitors.
- Take the appropriate action(s) and ensure all incidents are recorded on the incident report or indicated on the ECP form submitted to the COR by his/her end of tour.
- A thorough understanding of all Post Orders and other pertinent regulations are required job competencies for an ECP - LIEUTENANT.
- Random ID Check - There will be a monthly list that indicates which vehicle(s) will be stopped for the random ID check of passengers. This list will be given to the MVM APM and he/she will announce the number daily over the force radio. This list should must be submitted to the COR before his/her end of tour.
- Ensure all equipment on the post is operational to include the radio, computer and gates.
- The ECP - LIEUTENANT shall ensure the post is opened on time and relay any problems with the post over the force radio to the Emergency Communications Center.
- The ECP - LIEUTENANT shall be informed of the SPP list daily and brief the guards assigned on special guests arriving.
- THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO THE CONTRACT/QASP
- Minimum of H.S. Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a supervisor in the security/law-enforcement/military field whose duties and responsibilities included security and safety (including fire) training, initiating disciplinary actions and preparing written reports and documents.
- No felony convictions and no convictions that reflect negatively on the individual’s reliability.
- Must be a Unites States Citizen
- Must be 21 years of age (may be waived for military personnel). All personnel must be able to withstand the physical demands of the position and be capable of responding quickly in an emergency situation.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and effectively communicate in English under normal and stressful conditions.
- Must pass all required training, certifications and licensing.
- Must be able to pass a government background check along with a MVM drug test.
Applicants selected may be subjected to a Government background investigation and may be required to meet the following conditions of employment:
- A Favorable credit check for all cleared positions
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Successfully passing a background investigation
Pending final approval of contract award.
MVM offers a competitive benefits package, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Recruiting Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
For more information about the company please visit our website at www.mvminc.com
MVM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.