Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Req ID: 106207
Entity: AMR Job Title: EMT/Wheel Chair Drivers Location: Cheyenne, WY Req #:106207 Reports To: Operations Supervisor Posting End Date: 3/30/2018 Department: Operations FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
***External applicants must log on to www.amr.net, click "Careers" then "Search Jobs" to locate the position and apply. Internal candidates must apply via Success Factors on the company internal portal***
The mission and purpose of this position are to compassionately deliver high-quality service and transportation in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following list represents the primary responsibilities of a Wheel Chair Driver.
* Transport/drive patients to and from medical facilities and/or home in a timely manner
* Utilize maps to locate hospitals, medical facilities and patient home addresses.
* Complete Trip Sheet on a daily basis fully recording each transport.
* Ensure wheel chair van is maintained and is in good working order; keep unit clean.
* Know and use Standard Codes in radio transmission
* Responsible for completing mechanical checklist for vehicle at the start of each shift
* Report mechanical problems to Fleet Manager.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training when offered. Report information systems security problems
* Read maps, drive vehicles and accurately discern street signs and address numbers.
* Operate wheel chair, hydraulic lift, wheel chair lift and radio
* Manage disposable supplies, take care of durable equipment and use time clock
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Possess a valid Driver s License
* Must obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid Certifications
* Driving record in compliance with AMR policy.
* Successful completion of EVOC Driver s Training program
* Must obtain and maintain applicable license for the area of operation
* Must obtain EMT certification within 90 days of hire
* Must obtain AHA BLS card within 30 days of hire
* Wyoming EMT certification preferred
* Previous paratransit experience preferred
* Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry and balance at times
* Must be able to lift, drag, hoist and carry different types of equipment and other objects
***EOE including Veterans and Disabled***
** CB DO NOT DELETE **