Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Vero Beach, Florida
Aircraft fuelers are responsible for ensuring that all company planes and aviation vehicles are routinely equipped with fuel. Responsible for fueling trucks and utilizing up to fifty feet of hose from the truck to the fuel panel. Fueling the plan involves climbing a ladder and lifting up to 60 obs. Overhead to fit the nozzle into the aircraft. In addition to adding fuel to the vehicles, aircraft fuelers are also responsible for understanding the machinery involved in fueling planes, ensuring that everything is mechanically functional, and detecting potential problems as early as possible. Generally they are required to have a comprehensive understanding of safety rules while on the ground and using ramps and trucks.
Must become a subject matter expert concerning the following manuals
Flight Line Procedures Manual
Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures Manual
Storm Water Manual
* Servicing of company aircraft; i.e. fuel, oil, cleaning windows, etc. (NOTE: USE OF GROUND WIRES MANDATORY)
* Responsible for the Security of all the aircraft while on flight line; i.e. tie downs must be secured properly and aircraft window closed, flight controls secured and cabin door locked. (tie down ropes use the proper knots and be tight)
* Operation of company vehicles in accordance with all company guide lines and policies
* Receiving Fuel loads for supplier in accordance with procedures manual
* Loading fuel into company fuel truck from storage tanks in accordance with procedures manual
* Proper use and completion of flight line reports to include :
* Daily fuel consumption report
* Hobbs readings report
* Fuel farm inspection report
* Daily Fuel truck inspection check list
* Familiarity with and knowledge of firefighting equipment
* Familiarity with fuel spill and containment procedures
* Assigned flight line maintenance projects
The proper care and simple maintenance of all company vehicles
The proper use of cleaning materials used on aircraft and vehicles
Facility landscaping duties may be assigned; edging, string trimming, hedge trimming and general clean up of Academy grounds
Any and all other duties assigned by the Director of Maintenance.
Uniforms are required and provided.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITY:
Florida driver's license with clean record required.
Must be 18 years or older.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING: High school diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Experience preferred but not mandatory.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
AVGAS fuel, fuel farm pumps, machinery, fuel truck, and associated equipment, and numerous cleaners and solvents.
RATE OF PAY
$10 per hour, part-time hourly employment
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
Out Doors on the Flight-line and some hangar duties
Lifting at least 75 lbs or more
Bending, stooping, climbing ladders, some operations are 10 feet above ground.
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.