Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Kokomo, Indiana
* Fields patients, referral sources and administrative department inquiries. Sets up records of patient information in computer by performing the following duties:
* Attends work on a regular and predictable basis.
* Answers incoming calls as the main responder and is usually the first contact for referral sources for department. Makes determination of required action.
* Receives enteral orders from Medical Nutrition Specialist; enters orders and comments into CPR plus. Determines all required equipment and enters into CPR plus.
* Coordinates new patient delivery schedule with the service areas Medical Nutrition Specialist and notes into CPR plus.
* Processes patient information on a series of forms where accuracy and timely processing is most important.
* Maintains and files patient information on a regular basis.
* Assist in the verification of insurance eligibility when needed for the Medical Nutrition Specialist.
* Maintains copy of patient files.
* Responds to new and current patient requests.
* Manages third party accounts such as Hospice and ensure accurate pricing is in CPR plus before submitting delivery ticket to billing.
* Verifies proof of delivery and annotates in CPR plus.
* Handles mail and outbound packages for department including responding to requests for information from internal sources when possible.
* Must be driver certified and be able to fill in for the service representative in emergencies and be available for on call on weekends and evenings.
* Talks with dissatisfied patients and coordinates the correction of the complaint and ensures service recovery. Recommends corrective services to adjust patient complaints.
* Performs advanced file maintenances on patients' records and information system.
* Schedules deliveries, pick-ups, discontinuations, maintenances or changes in service.
* May have to communicate or interact with customers that may be Infants (0-1 year of age), Pediatrics (1-17 years of age), Adults (18-54 years of age), Seniors (65 years or greater).
* Participates in Performance Improvement (PI) activities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be 18 years of age or older.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and patient care software.
Certificates and Licenses: Must hold a valid driver's license.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Lincare is an equal opportunity employer, access and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Lincare provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Because Lincare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/Disabled/Veterans