Asphalt Transport Driver - (9123) at AmeriGas
Posted in Other 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Cheyenne, WyomingJob Description:
Asphalt Transport Driver - (9123)
Job Class Full-time
Location # Cheyenne, WY 82002 US (Primary)
Job Type PTI - Terminal Drivers DOT
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation's premiere propane company, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, our 9,000 dedicated professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of propane from 1,400 distribution points across the United States. For more information visit our website at www.amerigas.com.
At AmeriGas our employees are the keys to our success and we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package. We offer excellent health benefits, 401(K) with company match, annual performance review, paid time off including company holidays, propane discount, career advancement, tuition reimbursement and much more.
The Asphalt Driver will be responsible for hauling PTI's asphalt tankers and product. The driver will make two to five pick-ups and deliveries per day, driving an average of 500 miles per day and working up to 14 hours per day. Approximately 80 percent of the driver's time is spent driving or waiting in line at the supply point. The driver will be reevaluated to haul other products upon reaching the 200,000 mile threshold, years of experience, and required safety record.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the tanker truck to pick up asphalt at the refinery and deliver to area third party facilities; approximately 45 minutes is required to load or unload the truck.
- Conduct Pre and Post Trip inspections to ensure proper operability and FMCSA requirements
- Be able to properly haul, load, and unload the asphalt product utilizing the required PPE and procedures.
- Ability to work around the Asphalt product.
- The primary lane will be utilized within the Denver/Cheyenne range.
- May climb ladders at some at facilities and or the truck during loading and unloading procedures.
- Under no circumstance will driver haul anything but Asphalt unless directed and approved by the Director of Safety and PTI Operations.
- 2 Years Tractor and Trailer Experience. 100,000 miles minimum
- 1 Year Tanker Experience within the last 3 years, preferred
- Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement
- Eligible for a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- No Accidents in the Previous 3 years
- No More Than One Moving Violation in the Previous 2 years
- Environmental conditions such as rain, mud, ice, snow, and uneven terrain may affect this job.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.