Warehouse 1st Shift Shipping & Receiving Clerk - South Bend, IN at Hubbell Incorporated
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: South Bend, Indiana
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
5231 Dylan Dr
South Bend, IN 46628
Responsible for maintaining and executing all tasks related to Shipping and receiving at the RTB-SD.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Drop scheduled shipments, regular drop orders.
* Route shipping orders
* Maintain shipping/receiving files and records
* Goods issue orders (PGI), Intercompany orders (STPO)
* Contact carriers to schedule pickups and deliveries
* Direct drivers to Shipping/Receiving dock doors.
* Monitor SAP SM35 report
* Maintain inbound Customs Compliance / Discrepancy Reporting
* Assign orders to Order Fulfillment Specialists
* Assign PRO numbers to LTL orders in SAP.
* Create bill of ladings
* Monitoring SAP tcode VL06 & MB5T data
* Receive inbound material and create receiving travelers
* Print ASN labels for Retail Accounts
* Shred dunnage (only if needed)
* Print packing list
* Research and communicate SAP issues
* Research and review RF pick/pack issues in SAP tcode VL02N
* Research can't finds and verify location
* Perform additional warehouse duties as assigned and directed
Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Safe Work Record
* Good attendance record (not currently on attendance probation)
* Ability to be self-directed and direct others
* SAP experience a plus but not required
* Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook experience
* At least 2 years of warehousing experience
* Flexibility in work schedule
* Ability to suggest process improvements
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) enrolled in a college or university
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide correctly. Ability to perform these operations with hand held calculator.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to complete required written and oral duties and instructions. Ability to handle regular job problems within a defined area of responsibility using basic problem solving skills.
* Frequently required to walk; stand; use hands, full range of motion of hands and arms; reach with hands and arms; stoop, bend, kneel, crouch; occasionally required to sit; talk and/or hear.
* Regularly required to lift up to 45 pounds.
* Requires close vision; distance vision; ability to adjust focus.
* Generally works in an environment with moderate noise.
* Occasionally works in an environment with extreme cold (non-weather); occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.