Global Freight Forwarding Sales Account Executive at UPS
Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
Location: Buffalo, New YorkJob Description:
UPS is seeking a dynamic and experienced Freight Forwarding District Account Executive to join our winning team. If you're passionate about sales, an influential negotiator, and a strategic relationship builder, we want to hear from you!
The Freight Forwarding District Account Executive develops new and existing business in the middle market by converting, penetrating, and retaining customer accounts. He/She identifies, positions, and expands opportunities for domestic and international freight, and produces revenue growth by identifying decision makers, coordinating customer meetings, and developing comprehensive pricing strategies for bundled contracts. The Freight Forwarding District Account Executive promotes internal business relationships and identifies opportunities for sharing business leads and joint account support. He/She trains customers on technology solutions to ensure accurate billing, pricing, and other UPS services are delivered.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identifies, qualifies, and penetrates new business opportunities from existing and potential customers using territory management skills
- Schedules customer appointments with key decision-makers to overcome barriers and identify growth opportunities in the international global market
- Educates customers on technology solutions to provide tracking, pricing, and reporting capabilities
- Collaborates with Operations to establish standard operating procedures (SOP's) for meeting customer expectations
- Plans quarterly business reviews (QBR’s) with customers to review business trends and UPS time and transit performance
- Applies sales strategies gained from sales training to identify areas where UPS solutions can be implemented
- Participates in joint customer calls with peers and counterparts to promote UPS products and services
- Attends functional meetings with sales counterparts to promote enterprise selling
- Identifies account decliners and gainers to develop strategies for winning back business and promoting future growth
- Uses state of the art customer relations management software (CRM) to develop strategic plans for customer growth and development
Knowledge and Skills
- Organized and strategic planner
- Relationship builder
- Critical thinker
- Analytical with ability to conduct research and develop territory sales plans
- Experience managing a sales territory - Preferred