Law Enforcement Check Point Officer at Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
The checkpoint law enforcement officer is a certified law enforcement officer who performs basic law enforcement duties while primarily assigned to Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Checkpoints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs law enforcement duties at TSA passenger screening checkpoints
* Directs motor vehicle traffic at vehicle inspection stations when required by threat level
* Works with full-time officers during special assignments
* Replaces full-time officers when directed by Law Enforcement Manager
* Performs other duties as directed by the Law Enforcement Manager
*Considerable knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and FAA requirements.
*Knowledge of law enforcement principles, practices, methods and equipment.
*Knowledge of scientific crime detection and criminal identification methods and procedures.
*Skill in the use of firearms and other law enforcement equipment and in the application of self-defense tactics.
*Must be able to complete the BLET day/night firearms qualification course by scoring a minimum of 80%.
*Pass a medical physical examination and a drug screening test.
*Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
*Ability to build and maintain cooperative and effective public relations.
*Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, and other public officials.
*Must be able to physically perform the basic functions of climbing stairs, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
*Must be able to perform medium work due to the officer being required to stand and walk for several hours at a time. Must have physical abilities to pursue and apprehend suspects.
*Must possess the visual acuity to distinguish details and differences when observing people and property at the checkpoints.
*Must be able to successfully complete the departmental physical fitness requirement before being hired and on an annual basis. (22 sit-ups in one minute; 300 meter sprint within 77 seconds or less; 12 push-ups in proper form and 1.5 mile run within 16 minutes and 31 seconds).
- Verbal Communication
- Time Management
- Public Speaking
- Problem Solving
- Personal Motivation
- Critical Thinking
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Respectful: Treats everyone with honesty and dignity
- Professionalism: Respond to confrontational situations in calm manner
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Knowledgable: Understands job and complies with policies and procedures
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Effective Communicator: Communicate issues and makes recommendations
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Critical Thinker: Process information
- Active Listener: Listen effectively and understand the topic at hand
- Self-Starter: Does not require outside inspiration to be motivated
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
See job description