Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Machine Shop Operator - Hattiesburg, MS (2nd Shift)
The Basic Function is to provide consistent, quality work at a continuous medium monotony job pace, in which hand tools, air tools, gages, and engine components are used in most operations. Associates should operate with a high sense of urgency, have operational discipline in maintaining consistent processes and work habits. Associates will follow and support the usage of proper PPE, safety procedures, housekeeping, utilizing resources effectively, and have continued focus on the end customer and that the quality of the product being produced is to the level the Kohler Brand demands
1. Required to report into working production area by shift start-up time on a daily basis.
2. Perform medium, repetitious work content daily with job rotations up to 2 times per shift as training
and learned jobs grow.
3. Responsible for properly executing proper use of tools and gages as trained on a consistent part to
part usage. Expectation is to notify Setup associate, Team Leader, or Quality representative of
any abnormal part, a defective unit, or a process or tool not working as designed and trained on.
4. Follow all safety, quality, and process instructions and procedures at all times while inside the
facility. Expectation is to follow procedures, and notify proper resources of any process, part, or activity
that can lead to a safety incident, quality defect, or loss of production.
5. Responsible for 5s and housekeeping activities, tool and gage protection, and part stockage in the
workstation at the end of the breaks, lunch, and end of the production shift.
6. Expected to utilize resources effectively in the facility in terms of breaks, quality and training support
needs, and utilize time effectively in times of equipment downtime to clean up the area, equipment,
and any re-stocking needed.
7. Demonstrate operational discipline in following consistent work instructions, and work with a high
sense of urgency during production needs in terms of meeting cycle times, stopping the assembly
lines for necessary actions, reacting to an abnormal operation or part.
8. Engage and participate in the morning startup meetings to discuss prior day issues or concerns in
any area of operation that will aid in improvements from the previous day, and seek to understand
the daily and weekly department needs and goals.
9. Perform training or work element details, quality risks, and job knowledge to new employees.
10. Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
WHY WORK AT KOHLER CO.*
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com.
It is Kohler s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.